Liquid zest plus. T08 Does not connect to internet even though it says it is

Dave8
Dave8 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Latest problem with the Acer Liquid Zest plus. - It shows I am connected to internet but will not connect with any apps. Tried forgeting the network, restarting both device and internet mutiple times. Internet is fine, connects ok with old iPhone. We have 2 Liquid Zest plus devices, other one is working fine. Thanks...

Best Answer

• Dave8
    Answer ✓

Ok, Heres the fix from Acer support.  There is a pin hole at the bottom of the phone, I was instructed to put a safety pin in and hold for 1 minute.  Voila, problem solved. 48 minutes of my life I'll never get back. I hate Apple with a passion, my last phone was an iPhone 4s but this is starting to make iPhones look good... or is it just Acer?

Answers

• Dave8
    Answer ✓

Ok, Heres the fix from Acer support.  There is a pin hole at the bottom of the phone, I was instructed to put a safety pin in and hold for 1 minute.  Voila, problem solved. 48 minutes of my life I'll never get back. I hate Apple with a passion, my last phone was an iPhone 4s but this is starting to make iPhones look good... or is it just Acer?

• the_emporium
    the_emporium Member Posts: 61 Troubleshooter

just curious.. using that pinhole... Did it do a full factory reset (lose everything), or was it only a partial reset of some settings ?

ALSO, as someone else pointed out in another forum, isn't that little hole your MICROPHONE on a T08 ?

Thnx

• Dave8

No, inserting the pin didnt do a factory reset. Internet just started working again after the pin was inserted. Although now its quit again, oddly enough, I still get updates from facebook and I can use messenger but no email or google play or banking. Pinhole method is not working this time (if it worked at all) The pinhole I refer to is just that, only big enough to get a pin in and at the opposite (bottom) end from the headphone jack.  Help support gave me a shipping label to send the phone in to the factory repair center....but Im just taking it back to Costco. I will never buy another Acer product.