Liquid Zest - Bluetooth car paired but no cell sound

carmania12
carmania12 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

My Acer Liquid Zest, 6.0, connects to my bluetooth car but the phone audio is not activated. When I look at the bluetooth setting for that device, there is 3 parameters, phone audio, media audio and contact sharing. The phone audio parameter is not selected and I am not able to select it, the box stays unchecked. I tried in other cars and the problem is the same ...

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

first thing to try is a factory reset just to be sure that android OS is not having some BT stack issues.

then you should try Bluetooth Auto Connection app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.myklos.btautoconnect

check if this enable phone/calls audio

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • carmania12
    carmania12 Member Posts: 2 New User

My problem has been resolved with Bluetooth Auto Connect app able to set the profile.  Thanks !

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you welcome.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ctbmacdonald
    ctbmacdonald Member Posts: 1 New User
    My friend and I have the same issue. I followed the steps suggested and it didn't work on either phone.

I did try a few other things and I can get the problem fixed temporarily and it randomly goes back to the Phone audio Check mark not allowing it to be checked.

I did install the Bluetooth Auto Connect. I disabled all setting in all menu locations on BT auto connect. I then set the default and paired profile to be Phone, Media and Phonebook options. I then went I to the android apps settings. I tapped the 3 dot menu and selected show system. Then I found Bluetooth Share, touched Storage and cleared the Data. Not cache... Data. This will not wipe your saved pairings.

If you go back to Settings - Bluetooth and check your paired settings, it will have the cell audio checked and it will work. You may need to pair it up again with your device with the phone option chec . But this is temporary. Usually within 2 days it will go back. Clearing data again will temporarily fix issue again.

Thought I would share to see if any one can help make it a permanent fix.

Thanks
    Chris
  • jfd74
    jfd74 Member Posts: 2 New User
    i have a new acer liquid zest,,  it won't connect properly all headset device, it won't even work with a selfie stick,  i tried auto connect and does not change anything, 

any help on this will be greatly apreciated, thx
  • Dutch63
    Dutch63 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sync issue: I can hear my music play in the car but when I make a call, the audio does not pick-up. Tried donwloading  Bluetooth Audio app to help correct sync issues between my Acer liquid Zest cell phone and my Corolla 2014 but it still does not work. I just had my Corolla checked, all issues have been resolved, just did a factory reset on my cell phone to reboot but issue still remains. Bluetooth connects but there is no audio when I use the phone. I only hear the audio when my music plays from Spotify. Can someone suggest another solution please? Thank you