Liquid Z500 will not switch on

KarenVeloso
KarenVeloso Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Acer Liquid Z500 phone just about died. It had at least 80% batt life left before I discovered it had shut down and won't switch back on. Tried charging, still dead, the indicator has not even lit up. Removed microSD card and tried to turn on, still dead. Other info: Still less than a month old; 5 days ago put in brand new 32G microSD, still with lots of external space free; internal space about 1/4 free.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Hi,

if you connect the charger, will a blue led lights up?

about low internal storage, you must set to use the external storage on system/storage and check also on camera application if the SD is the default storage.

remember that the biggest part of an application will still installed on the internal storage, due to android policy.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • prettyinpink
    prettyinpink Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem. help! My z500 suddenly turned off and will not turn back on. I tried charging it and a blue led light will turn on, but the phone will still not turn on. I just got this a few days ago. Help! I dont know what to do.
  • IronFly
    Contact Acer suppoet service or your seller.
  • McGee
    McGee Member Posts: 8 New User
    Hard reset... Your data will ve wiped from your phone, but your phone will live... Power+volume up and choose wipe cache and wipe data... Now reset your phone and device is repaired
  • Bennet
    Bennet Member Posts: 4 New User

How can you do a hard reset when the phone won't even power on?

• Bennet

Have the same problem here, what do I do if the blue light comes on instead of the red one? Phone's been hooked up to the charger for hours already still blue light and won't power on.

• IronFly

As i wrote....

Contact Acer support service or your seller.

• Bennet

Thanks for the reply, This will be my 2nd time to get service at acer, same problem the first time left the phone for 6 days all they did was resocket the batt and did a burn in, the guy explained after hearing me explain that I ran out of batt and couldn't charge right away, that the batt was completely drained that's why. It seems this problem comes up whenever my batt dies, left the phone with 40% batt and when I woke up it won't power up and again blue light only when connected to the charger, was hoping for a fix that I just could do whenever this happens again instead of going back to Acer.

• IronFly

the guy at service, gave you the correct explanation.

can be a software or even an hardware issue on the battery controller, the only way to fix it is to send it to the Acer support service.

• Bennet

No choice but to go back, will mention what you said. This time will be bargaining for a new phone this one is just 2 mos. old. Thanks again.

• krischantian
    krischantian Member Posts: 2 New User

I had the same problem. My phone's battery percent remaining is 40% and I standby it for an hour then I checked my phone, my phone doesn't turn on and doesn't charge. Please help Smiley Sad

• SmAsHeRiNg
    SmAsHeRiNg Member Posts: 1 New User

BUT THE PHONE WONT SWITCH ON, FOR ME TO CHANGE THE SPACE SETTINGS....HW DO I TURN IT BAC ON

• Angela023
    Angela023 Member Posts: 1 New User

me as mine. how can i fix it?