Jade s 5.1 problem regarding sim cards

Zellka
Zellka Member Posts: 2 New User

I upgraded to 5.1 yesterday, everything went well ecept one thing: the sim card can't be detected correctly

It's a little hard to explain but I'll try my best:

The phone knows i have sim cards in the slot, but it won't read it. The icon on the status bar remains as when the sim cards are turned off. And in the setting it is turned off, but everytime i try to turn it on it gets buggy and after a few seconds switchs itself off automatically. Even those "sim-card information apps" can't recognize the sim cards.

Sometimes i can get it work by replug the sim cards, but not everytime. And after I restart the phone or use airplane mode(any activity that brings down the sim cards), it's dead again.

I've tested with one card on 2 slots and 2 cards at the same time(dual sim).

They work just fine on KK4.4.4 (even flashed back to check it), so nothing on my phone is broken.

I'm wondering, are there any differences between phones sold in Taiwan and in Europe.

Otherwise there is no reason that I am the only one getting this issue. (checked every post on xda nothing has been brought up about this.)

Thanks for any advice, and please let me know if there are someone else having this problem.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i never heard this issue, i have too a JadeS and 5.1.

mine is working smoothly.

can you post your image version, build number and baseband version?

you can take a screenshot and post here.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Zellka
    Zellka Member Posts: 2 New User

The ROM filme was downloaded from here.

1444499946592.jpg

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

please delete that link.

it's the same ROM of my JadeS, do you remember if 4.4KK version was EMEA_GEN1 too?

i suspect taiwan version can have a different baseband, so the issues on SIMs (telephone modem).

I'm not an Acer employee.