Acer Liquid z630 battery issue

frankcabz
frankcabz Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

The battery of my Acer liquid z630 drains very fast, it can only last for 5 hours using data connection, and the brightness is in the lowest level. Is it normal when it has a 4000 maH battery? 

Badly need your help guys.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Try a factory reset and then check again about battery consumption, maybe some application you installed is draining the battery.

if it still drain battery, give Acer support service a call.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • sooriis
    sooriis Member Posts: 5 New User

I think I'm having the same issue, killing myself over it for last couple of days. What I was able to find when enabled CPU usage display in Developer options, is that these 2 processes are always at the top:

dex2oat

ksmd

While 'ksmd' is something related to memory management and may be ok (or not, because why it should use a lot of CPU?), 'dex2oat' is supposed to recompile packages for new way of running them in Lollipop. Which means that whatever it does, it should not be doing forever. I ran 'adb logcat' command and it seems that for whatever reason system keeps reinstalling Amazon app: 'com.amazon.mShop.android' package. 

If your case is the same, try starting Amazon app (cart icon). It either says 'App isn't installed' or starts and then immediately closes it.

So it seems Acer screwed up with it's prepackaged bloatware Smiley Sad

Vytas

• IronFly

have you checked if you are able to disable or uninstall Amzon app from settings/apps?

• sooriis

it lets you uninstall, but there's no use, as system is in continous reinstall loop regardless of your actions. I tried uninstalling, installing a newr version from Amazon app store - to no avail. Factory reset doesn't help with this, since the image is still the same...

• IronFly

Interesting issue, probably someone forgot to comment an action or close it.

let me highlight it.

good catch. Smiley Happy

• IronFly

Can you please post your

Build number

Image Version

• sooriis

Image:Acer_AV0L0_T03_RV01RC05_PA_CA 

Build: Acer_AV0L0_T03_1.005.00_PA_CA

• sooriis

so I just had a lengthy chat with Acer customer service, but eventually they offered either to send in the device for replacement, or return it. I'll return it to Costco, will try another unit, which will likely have the same issue :/

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

I have forwarded this information in this thread to my smartphone team for review. I hope to be able to provide an update shortly.

• sooriis

BTW, I checked the demo phone at Costco, it has the same issue. So I just returned mine and didn't get the other device since now I'm sure all of them are bad. Here's the screen pic of that Costco demo phone: https://goo.gl/photos/j2xZ7iu5oNhga3uN7

Load: 17! on the one I returned was ~15.

Vytas

• abeloin
    abeloin Member Posts: 7 New User

Hello,

I can confirm the same issue on the phone I just bought from Costco yesterday. Battery takes forever to recharge even on a wall plug.

Trying to uninstall Amazon doesn't work, it just keep saying uninstalling with the processing bar moving forever.

Edit: Manage to remove the Amazon app but it automaticaly reinstall itself shortly after.

BTW on the AOSP Issue tracker, they mention that the Amazon app is deleting its cached .dex files on every process launch which trigger a rebuild using dex2oat.

See the following thread: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=82297#c30

• IronFly

good reports guys, let's wait for an official answer/fix Smiley Happy

• zflajpan
    zflajpan Member Posts: 12 New User

Try to change in Wi-FI options-advanced KEEP WI-FI ON DURING SLEEP to NEVER.

It's worked on my Jade Z s57. Before that my battery drained fast in sleep mode.In work mode (Browsing,Camera,etc) still drain much power.Maybe Mediatek MT6735 is bad chipset.

I think also that Acer puts low quality batteries in all their cell phones.And Acer please Downclock MT6735 to 1.0-1.1 ghz for all four cores and improve cpu-governer states in future releses of rom to improve heat to power endurance ratio.In Jade Z 1.5 ghz for all four cores and 2300mAh battery is sick.

• Johnnyv
    Johnnyv Member Posts: 5 New User

Same Issue.  Amazon apps not working, can't unistall it (always come back).  System Data always growing (5GB +)

Image: Acer_AV0L0_T03_RV01RC05_PA_CA

Build: Acer_AV0L0_T03_1.005.00_PA_CA

• abeloin

Hello,

Any news on this? It's been 2 weeks already.

I had to do a factory reset(data wipe) 2 times this week as there was no more space left on the device because of the Amazon package. Also it take forever to recharge the phone.

I'm honestly fed up with this, I have to reconfigure everything each time and losing plenty of data and time in the process.

Do you have a fix?

Regards,

• Blayn-Acer

Very sorry for the delay. I sent a follow up request to see if there is any additional information I can provide. I hope to be able to provide an update soon.

• Johnnyv
    Same thing with my phone. 5gb disappeared during the time I plugged it in to charge last night and this morning. Only 3.5gb left of the 8.8 available.
  • abeloin

So it's week number 3 and still no news nor update!!! This is very poor customer support on Acer's part.

I'm glad Costco offer 90 days refund policy because Acer's is cleary not willing to fix the issue or remove the offending application on this phone. So I will be returning the phone by day's end.

As a first time Acer's customer, I can tell you that I will not be buying an Acer's product again anytime soon.

A dissatisfied customer.

• Johnnyv

Koodo,

Sorry Acer.  I have returned my z630 to Costco.  I bought a ZenFone 2 from Staples.

• Blayn-Acer

At this time, we have not been able to duplicate this issue. Can you please provide a log for us to review?

Turn on MTK logger

1:Input *#*#2237332846633#*#* in the dial pad to enter Engineer Mode.

2:Move to the tab with “Log and Debugging.”

3Smiley Frustratedelect MTK Logger menu.

4:Click on the play button at the bottom of the screen.

1. Allow the log capture utility to capture the log for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

You can find the MTK log folder in SD card or phone storage.