Acer Liquid z520 ( single sim ) has problem with focus and camera, generally

DidiLilith
DidiLilith Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Back camera on my Acer liquid z520 ( single sim ) has a problem with focus when I try to take picture or record a video of smaller objects or to take selfie. I thought the camera app has the problem, but no, every single alternative camera app that I download from google play has the same problem. I went to hundred forums and all of them said it is the problem with current android version (KitKat 4.4.2) on this Acer phone, but unfortunately, there is no Lollipop update. I tried to update through my phone and Acer live updater says my device is up to date. Well, my research goes on and on, I found out that in some countries Acer liquid z520 ( dual sim ) has opportunity to update to Lollipop. I am from Serbia and no one here cannot update this Acer phone to Lollipop. I am the second owner of this phone and the first owner, who is my good friend, said that focus is bad from the beggining, after unboxing. I bought the phone in hope I will find solution for this. And that is not the end. Back camera is taking pics like it is 3 or 5mpix sometimes. Unwanted blur and grain, bad focus, bad flash light ( pics are sometimes very white, sometimes very dark when using flash ), sometimes front cam seems way better than back cam. I don't know is there a chance for Acer company to release that update or something, whatever, just to fix this annoying camera glitch. Generaly, camera is very good, it has potentional, but probably KitKat messess with it... I don't know what else to do, where to search. Please, help.

[inappropriate content removed]