Acer Liquid Zest T06 MFG JL2017 - "Not Enough Space".

magnificence
magnificence Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

I am trying to install a new app on my phone and I am unable to do so because I receive a warning message stating "Not enough space" despite having correctly installed a new 16Gb microSD card which is being correctly used otherise by the phone - for example to store new photos and videos.

The apps are more important to me than the photo/video storage. How do I solve this? 

Phone Storage: 3.51GB used of 3.8GB (Apps only 2.9GB, Cahed data 50MB)

MicroSD card: 2.33GB used of 14.59GB

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

you can set the microSD card as main storage under settings/storage (default write disk) by the way, this will work only on new installed applications and only partially, since not all the applications content can be moved to microSD.

about already installed applications, you need to check under settings/Apps and tapping which one you want to move to the microSD, if Move to SD setting is available or not.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

you can set the microSD card as main storage under settings/storage (default write disk) by the way, this will work only on new installed applications and only partially, since not all the applications content can be moved to microSD.

about already installed applications, you need to check under settings/Apps and tapping which one you want to move to the microSD, if Move to SD setting is available or not.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • johncanuck
    johncanuck Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I have the same question as the Original Poster. I'm trying to follow IronFly''s suggestion to change my T06's "Storage & USB" settings so that it doesn't default to "Phone storage" and change it to "Device storage" (a 32 GB SD card I have installed).

Question1: I'm wondering what happens to whatever things that I initially stored on my very small "Phone storage" (~4 GB I think) e.g. any applications that were installed initially; any photos / videos I took.

Question2: If I want to use my "Device Storage" space as my Default Write space, do I need to:
    a) return the phone to its "factory settings"
    b) tell it I want to use my "Device storage" as my Default Write drive
    c) then start installing any apps that I want, that wouldn't fit in my "Phone Storage" (because they complained that there wasn't enough space).
  • magnificence
    magnificence Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited June 2019
    As the original publisher of the first post, after two years I must mention that this same phone is continually calculating data as being on "internal storage" rather than the selected "SD card storage". This has now turned absurd: I have successfully wiped the phone many times, deleting everything possible first and resetting to factory settings. I purchased a new SD card, and installed only 10 small basic apps which I barely use. However I do use the built-in data management which allows me to clear up the memory and cache. The photo storage is set to the external SD card.

Now about 3.9Gb of 4Gb is full despite having only 250Mb of installed apps and only 500Mb of photos stored externally.
    Most importantly: I am not able to install any apps, not even a tiny 20Mb app. Unless of course I delete one of the few must-have public transport apps I have, or my banking app, which is all I use. I just deleted a major music player app, but the phone thinks I still have it in memory not matter what I do.

This has been an extreme waste of my time and freedom, in other words a waste of my economic energy, not to mention lost opportunities technologically and in actual daily life in personal relationships. This is the worst phone I have ever had and I do not recommend it to anyone. Obviously something went terribly wrong during production and that is why the phone was on big discounts in Canada.