Acer Liquid Z520 Firmware/ROM

Lelouch
Lelouch Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2018 Archives

Hi! I'm new to the foums here. Need some help or info.

Well, here's my problem:

2 days ago I received update notification on my device (Z520). I let it do the update and near the end it failed. Now the phone is stuck in the bootloop (it goes to recovery). I need the latest Z520 ROM with croatian language included. If someone is kind enough to direct me in the right direction where I can acquire the needed ROM so I can flash it via Recovery.

EDIT: Forgot to mention device has 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB ROM

Thanks!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

no ROM is available to download.

by the way, have you already tried to factory reset/wipe cache from recovery?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Lelouch

Tinkerer

Yep, I tried wipe data and cache, but still the phone goes to bootloop.

I think, that the only option is ROM flash via Recovery.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Yes, you are correct if there was a ROM to download. Smiley Happy

if you are still under warranty, give Acer support service a call or contact your seller.

http://www.acer.hr/ac/hr/HR/content/service-contact

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Lelouch

Tinkerer

Yep, it's still under warranty. I bought it this month.

Just as you suggested, I will need to call Acer support service or contact my seller.

EDIT: to bad there's no ROM to download

• pjjburger1988
    pjjburger1988 Member Posts: 3 New User

I also udated my software today, and the same thing happened to me, Only, I have absolutely no idea how to install ROMS on my device.

Hope you have a nice day

• Lelouch

Tinkerer

Well, it's pretty easy if you have any or little tech experience. I managed to flash a ROM on the unit and now it's working again (it even did a update to version EMEA 1.015.00).

P.s: the ROM is generic (GEN), it means only major European languages are supported (U.S. and Port/Bra included)

• pjjburger1988

Cool,, if it was the link I shared, that helped a bit, Im happy I could help,, Im still having probs with my download, internet connections here are not the best.. Do you install and flash it from a pc, or do you copy stuff to a memory card and install from there?

• Lelouch

Tinkerer

I flashed it via PC (Win 7 x86).

Also I used SP flash tool (used the guide and stuff I found at xda-developers forum).

• pjjburger1988

Cool, thanx, ill check it out, just before i need a puzzle expert to re-assemble my fone, lol,

Have a nice day

• arieguns123
    arieguns123 Member Posts: 1 New User
  • chambie
    chambie Member Posts: 2 New User
    Finally now ibuse my old z520..it's 3yrs I never used this device bcoz I thot I've lost it..yeah..is working baby..but it's needs all apps to upgrade..
  • chambie
    chambie Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have here a stock room..it's a long time I never use this..if anyone here that I can help to share this stock rom..just teach me how to send and how to do it