Acer Liquid Z220 camera shuts down

Ashukahwa
Ashukahwa Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I've been having issues with the camera of my Acer Liquid Z220. Whenever I start the camera it almost immediately shuts down and gives me a message saying it has shut down. The only options it gives are OK and Report. Ever since then it just keeps doing that.

I've tried sending a report, rebooting the phone, removing the battery and putting it back in, all of which did nothing. I'm not really sure what to do. If anyone could help me find a solution to this, I'd really appreciate it.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

try a factory reset, backup all your data first

settings/backup & reset - factory data reset

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

try a factory reset, backup all your data first

settings/backup & reset - factory data reset

• Ashukahwa

Alright, I'll give that a try. What would be a reliable way to make a backup? I've never done this before, so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

• IronFly

if you have synced to your google account, most of the important things (contacts, google mails, installed applications) will be re-synced once connected to a data connection.

if you have pictures, you can save it to an additional microSD to insert to your smartphones, if you need to backup SMS/messages, check if Acer backup application is installed and run it or have a look to google play about some free backup applications.

• Ashukahwa

Looks like that did the trick. Thank you very much!