Acer Liquid S510 phone blank screen?

gman546416
gman546416 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

(Side note, I am trying to pick the board "Software and Discussion, Android" Under the English boards but it's not letting me, I do apologize for the lack of board)

Okay, well, for the last 2 months now, I've had my S510 randomly turn into just a dimly lit black screen with zero activity on it what-so-ever. This is purely random, nothing I have done or haven't done has seemed to directly cause it. Charging the phone can cause it, leaving it on my desk can cause it (full or empty). I've tried to uninstall apps I've downloaded thinking they might be the problem but the same apps (basic ones like Netflix, Word Cookies, Youtube updates, etc) are on my old phone and the old phone works just fine.

When the screen goes into this state, everybody who calls me will end up getting a singular high pitched beep when calling me, and they do not get the option to go to my voicemail or leave me one. I cannot use the phone in this state unless I notice it, turn it off (take the battery out), give it 10 seconds, and turn it back on again.

Again, this seems to happen at pure random and I cannot explain why this happens, but I desperately need to know if this phone can be salvaged on a $0 budget because I need to have a device that works, not shut down and cause anybody who calls me to have a splitting headache from the singular beep. If this seems to make sense to somebody, PLEASE get back to me.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

first thing to try is a factory reset, backup all your personal data first:

settings/backup & reset - factory data reset

I'm not an Acer employee.