Acer Liquid E700 Trio touchscreen doesn't work properly

DerPitter
DerPitter Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Until yesterday, my phone worked proper as it should.

But yesterday, I shutdown the phone. And after powering on again, I guess that the both volume buttons + and - were stucked, a menu was shown. This menu was colored blue and yellow and all the entries were some asian signs. I tried to get out of this menu by pressing the powerbutton. After some time, the phone switched off. I checked all buttons if they were still stucked, but they were ok. Then I put the phone on again and it seemed to work. But from this time on, I'm not longer able to user the upper row on the QWERTZ-keyboard (when the phone is upright - the row QWERTZ...). I think there is something wrong with the calibration of the touchscreen. Is there someone who can help me with this problem? Is it possible to re-calibrate or is it nescessary to send to phone to Acer for repair?

Tanks for your help!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

there's no touchscreen calibration on your device, you can only try a factory reset (backup all your data first) and if it still has the issue, send it to Acer support center.

factory reset

settings/backup & reset - factory data reset

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • DerPitter
    DerPitter Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried the factory reset on two ways: first time by the recovery menu and the second time by settings menu.

Actually the problem is not yet fixed.