ACER ZEST PLUS volume is low

SeanVP83
SeanVP83 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Music turns off when hooked to a 3.5 mm jack in car and at home ? Help Please

Answers

• the_emporium
    the_emporium Member Posts: 61 Troubleshooter

I encountered the same problem.  After some experimenting, I found it only happens when I connect to speakers or amplifier.  It works fine on any set of headphones.  initially, I thought it was associated to DTS being enabled.  When I'd disable it, it would be less frequent.   But after some more experimenting,  I am assuming it has something to do with the impedance of the device connected to.

So what I found helps when connecting to external devices like amplified speakers or receiver, is to lower the volume on the phone, and increase the volume on the speakers/receiver.  If the volume on the phone goes above 70%  then it seems to stop regularly.. Lucky to sometimes get a second of music before it pauses again.  Having DTS enabled makes it a little worse, since when you increase the treble/bass values, the output level can get significantly higher.  So with DTS on, I find that max volume on phone is around 50% before it continously stops.

Possibly some internal sensor is detecting an overload condition tdue to the different impedance between these devices, and deciding to protect the circuitry, it needs to stop.

Anyhow, I'm still experimenting on weekends when working in the garage.  So far, it is just experimenting and trying to figure out the theory behind it.  I will try a few other speaker sets soon.

• Gunner1
    Gunner1 Member Posts: 2 New User

WhenI use speakers vol is fine. Without speakers vol too low.

• Gunner1
    Gunner1 Member Posts: 2 New User