ACER Liquid Z630s Marshmallow Update

shuvrokumarpaul
shuvrokumarpaul Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives

Can you please tell me whether my Z630s will be getting Marshmallow update or not? Or if it is then when will it be? 

Is there any possibility?

Answers

• subhra1991
    subhra1991 Member Posts: 1 New User

I am asking the sm question when we get the android 6.0 update for z630s...................?

• Antonl
    Antonl Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hello everybody,

Can someone tell us if the deployment of Marshmallow on Z630S has begin, because Acer France announced the 15th July for the update..
    We just want to know if this update are maintained, has a few weeks of late or are cancelled !
    Please Acer, give us an answer because the people who have the Z630S wait a lot for this update that you have promised..
    Acer, we wait for your answer..
    Sorry for my bad English,

Anton, a fan of your brand Smiley Tongue

• Ziom1980
    Ziom1980 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same questione, when do you plan to release the update for our device ???

Thanks for your answer!!!
  • Antonl

Hello everybody,

I have contacted a person who works for Acer France, and this guy told me that the update will be available in a few weeks.
    I think we must, wait and see.

Sorry for my bad English,

• Ziom1980
    Ziom1980 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Great news!!!
    Thanks
  • syednasree
    syednasree Member Posts: 4 New User

Can you please tell me whether my Z630s will be getting Marshmallow update or not? Or if it is then when will it be? 

Is there any possibility?

• Antonl

The last information that I have from Acer France that the deployment of the update has begun the 8 august 2016.
    Someone has received Marshmallow on his Z630S ?
    For me It's not the case Smiley Sad

• Antonl
    Hello everybody,
    I had good news !
    The Acer Liquid Z630S has received the update to Android Marshmallow.
    The deployment of this update is by waves to not overheat Acer servers. I haven't done the update now, because I haven't time to install it immediately, but I will give you a feedback very soon Smiley Happy
    You can see here, screenshots of the description of this update, thank you Acer Smiley Happy
    --> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4yHQOeyNtYxRlM0RHVxeVNmeW8
  • syednasree

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your post, but i updated today but still i didn't get the update.

Please help me

• Antonl
    Hi syednasree,
    I think you must wait few days, because the update is available by waves on Acer Z630S to not overheat servers.
    Can you give me the buid Number of your phone ?
    Parameters--> About Phone --> Buid Number 1.XXX.
  • Antonl
    *build number
  • marcysha84
    marcysha84 Member Posts: 3 New User

Updated this morning in Italy...what I did? Smiley Sad Smiley Mad Was much better keep Lollipop version for me...before was all ok, now i've problem with lots of app that don't work (close by themself), i can't manage memory card like before (move with acer aid kit what i want from internal to sd by my choise...now or use internal or sd configured like internal...)...and in stand by, without opened app more memory ram used (or less free, as you prefer)...if not solve all soon and it's possible downgrade let me know and i will do it...

• marcysha84

UPDATE:

Positive: after few uninstall and install of app that have problem seems they work (ebay, amazon, facebook page manager, etc...) Man HappyMan Wink

Not so positive (for me):

- tried but back to normal the option for lock through "special" format the microSD memory (i've Samsung microSD and recognized by system as Samsung microSD) only for use with this phone...

- I tried again to transfer app from internal memory to microSD but Acer Aid Kit ask for re-format microSD...made and again come back because became impossible to see through settings the internal memory, and also if you connect to PC through usb cable you can see only data on microSD...practical i suppose that after this operation system emulate microSD like is storage internal memory.

Let me know if somebody have this issue...or is only my problem be disappointed because I bought phone with 32gb inside, bought 32gb microSD (because is maximum supported, they wrote) and after the update I have limit of management of storage memory that with Lollipop i didn't have...Man Frustrated

• rglaap
    rglaap Member Posts: 7 New User

Deployment started this morning in Germany as well. Download size is about 1.3GB.

Download was easy.

Install would not go through. No message, why and when.

First suspect: encryption enforced by MobileIron (ByoD). Probably not the cause because others had no problem.

Support responded quickly by saying: no problem known so far. They will test themselves with an encrypted phone and will get back to me.

Waited so long, a few more days won't make a difference. Wiping my phone though will have me think twice --- just went through the process a couple of weeks ago.

• cmale
    cmale Member Posts: 4 New User

Same problem here. The problem is that the SD-card is not supported by the upgrade. 12 out of my 60 apps would not work anymore.
    To avoid this: transfer ALL apps into phone (away from SD-card). Dismount SD-card and remove it from phone.
    Then perform update.
    Put back in SD-card, and mount it. Transfer apps back to SD-card.
    Quite embarrasing for ACER I have to say.

• marcysha84

And the commedy is that out of Nav and camera that ask where you want to save maps and photo, if through Acer Aid Kit you want to transfer app after uninstall and reinstall on phone (as I wrote i also formatted through phone like software asks the microSD) or you loose access to the internal memory and let use only the microSD or you can't transfer like with Lollipop...or maybe you can't see internal memory and also with this option if you install new app they don't go direct in microSD but in the internal memory (that is not possible to see/access) and after you can transfer on microSD through Acer Aid Kit (but still if is like this i can't access like i want for moove things as i want from internal memory to microSD and vice versa...also through pc with cable...) Man Frustrated who knows...I almost spend 8 hours for put back all what i had before and for today i don't want to risk that I've to make all again just for check my teory Man LOL

• rglaap

I tried the suggestion from cmale: move all the apps back to the phone and take the SD card out. To no avail. Does not work for me. Download works fine (I guess this is totally independent of anything in any case), then it checks the file, tells me, it will now power of the phone - and the phone gets powered off. Thats it. No indication that anything is happening, no more lights etc. I wait 15 minutes, power on the phone - and since nothing has happened I am back to good old 5.1.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

just as reminder: after an OS version change on update, do a factory reset.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • syednasree

Acer_AV0L0_T04_RV01RC07_IND_GEN1

• rglaap

I hate factory resets. First: my reset menu is in chinese. Second: it is time consuming to get the phone back to the state it was working fine - not all Apps get installed automatically, not all data comes back automatically ... it's always a couple of hours I'd rather spend on other things.

but: I might have to do a factory reset to get the update to work in the first place ...