aspire z1 621 all-in-one black screen

smuttysmurf
smuttysmurf Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I had just added CCleaner to my arsenal. I got busy on other things around the house and realized I needed to print something only to come back and discover a black screen with a little circle twirling. I left it for a few hours while I went to work and it was still doing it when I came back so I attempted a hard reboot. The acer logo appears then the little circle twirls below it then nada! zip! If I leave it alone for awhile it will eventually bring me to blank black screen with a mouse pointer but that's it. It won't safe mode, can't get into bios. Tried booting with USB to reinstall windows and it didn't acknowlege the stick, went on to the black screen.

Suggestions?

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Have you used the CCleaner to clean the registry? 

Try disconnecting from mains, press Power button for a while, 20-30 secs, leave it to rest for few minutes, reconnect the power cord and try starting.

• Ripper7
    Ripper7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Any useful info that's better than the old turn off then on... First of all why is it black screening, and how can it be fixed for good rather than sweeping under the malfunction under themetaphorical rug. This suspiciously happened to me a few months after my warranty ran out, also when my computer was broken the first time it came back with only the screen replaced, but nothing else was fixed even tho I specifically mentioned other malfunctions. Is it possible to get one freebie fix, and if not how much does repairing it cost. Ps when it came back the first time the screws were missing and I'm blaming this recent malfunction on that. I'm not trying to be rude, just being real.