TouchScreen Not Working Windows 8 Acer Aspire z5610

a111
a111 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello

I have an Acer Aspire z5610 and have Windows 8 installed, however I cannot get the touch screen to work. I could not find any drivers for touch on the Acer website.

Any ideas? Any help is much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day

Touch on Aspire Z5600 and Z5610 only works in Windows 7, not Windows 8. There is no driver for it.

Regards,

Freeza

• tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi,

Were there any changes made before the issue?

I would suggest you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the touch screen drivers in device manager and check if this helps.

a. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    b. Click System and Maintenance, click System, and then click Device Manager.

Note If Control Panel is in Classic View, double-click System, and then click Device Manager.
    If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

c. In Device Manager, expand the appropriate category for the touch screen driver and right-click the listed driver. Here you will get all the option to update or Install/uninstall drivers. Click on Uninstall.
    Check if at all there is an exclamation mark along the driver, it suggests issues with the driver installed.
    d. Restart the computer. This will let the computer automatically detect the device drivers on restart of the computer. Now check if the issue resolves.
    If the issue persists you may contact or refer to the website of the computer manufacturer and get the latest drivers installed for the touch screen to work properly.

Refer to the below mentioned link for updating the drivers -
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Also refer:
    Calibrating the touch screen in Windows 7

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/427/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzMzOTYyNTQ3L3NpZC9BZVFkRWJWaw%3D%3D

Unexpected behaviour when using multiple touch screens

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3414/related/1

Hope this helps!

• a111

Thanks for your response

I saw some other threads, and people were able to find drivers that would work with windows 8 that would allow the touch functionality. Since others got it to work, I thought they could be a possibility that I could also get it working.

e.g. In this thread someone got it to work with an Acer Asoire z5600 http://community.acer.com/t5/Acer-All-In-Ones-Desktops/HELP-Acer-Aspire-All-In-One-Touch-Screen-after-Windows-8-Pro/td-p/5179

I will check device manager, and post back

• tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Drivers for Windows 8 are different from W7.

• a111

Thanks for your response. I understand that. But the fact that people with this model got it to work in thius thread convinced me to get it working on mine

http://community.acer.com/t5/Acer-All-In-Ones-Desktops/HELP-Acer-Aspire-All-In-One-Touch-Screen-after-Windows-8-Pro/td-p/5179/page/3

It looks like they got it working in the link. Is there anway I can get it working

And by the way, there are not touch drivers for windows either.

Thanks in advance

• xrg9101
    xrg9101 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have just gone threw this problem i had win 7 and every thing was fine i upgraded to win 8 then win 8.1 and lost my touch screen i could not find any driver out there but then i unplugged my acer wireless keyboard and mouse usb reciever in the middle os a restart and when it booted to win 8.1 my touch screen was working so i then started plugging in dirent mice and keyboards i ended up with a usb logitec keyboard and a logitec ait wireless mouse and my touch screen is still working well i am not and engineer so i donot udersatnd why but it work some of the keyboards i tried where microsoft wireless and a maplin wireless mouse and keyboard i have allso tried swapping them all around but lost touchscreen so went back to my logitec stuff and its fine

• rachrach
    rachrach Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi There,

I do have a stylet in control panel, would you please send me the touch screen driver i have acer z5600

• Snuffy
    Snuffy Member Posts: 150 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Touch Drivers should be included in the CHIPSET, some Touch drivers are included in the HDD Drivers, (Dell on several only if you installed the DELL HDD Drivers, would the Touch work, you could then update to M$ drivers or Manufacture drivers and touch still worked.) also it is possible that any other driver could interfere, i have seen Mouse - keyboard or other drivers jam up touch, had a DELL (client) that if i uninstalled it IRS driver then touch worked. it might alos be the sequence of what is installed first, (some 3d party) programs will allow you to move/set what is loaded first. also you might try safe mode, see if touch works, you can also use log ea to see where the problem (possiblely) you can also check event viewer, for issues...
  • So1
    So1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Dear Freeza,

Is this message still valid? 

There is no way to use touch on Z5610 with Window 8.1?

Regards,

So1

• Snuffy
    my touch works perfect.... apparently you corrupted your touch driver, or something... but touch needs a driver, and you also might need to check that all connections internally are OK. other wise. only suggestion. 1. use any of several FREE 30 day trial Backup and Restore programs. to make you a Full restore image or vhd. 2. make sure the backup is on a external hdd... 3. after your sure you know how to restore..... make sure it works. 4. insert your factory default restore media. 5. reboot and restore back to factory..... 6. now see if your touch is working..... if yes, then your know your touch is OK 7. If touch is OK then something you have done, has corrupted your touch drivers. 8. restore you backup and restore image. then start to work and see why YOU did by installing some program that corrupted your system. I would recommend to you DL and install all original Factory Drivers for EVERYTHING. do this one at a time and after ea factory driver set. check touch... yes long - slow and time consuming but it will also assist you in learnig what is wrong. PS: it will also save you many $$$$$' that some Tech Shop will charge your to fix.... i figure total time on all this might be in the 3hour range. or about $300.00 at a tech shop.
  • raomoh
    raomoh Member Posts: 2 New User

Freeza pls validate ur solution on getting touch screen drivers by atleast publishing it for everyone to see. u have been missing in action and we all are having d problem with only u been d solution.

• Snuffy
    All I had to do was install the proper Drivers... after corruption. maybe another has a better solution. mine works just fine... now
  • So1
    So1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for replay.

Could you please tell me where I can find these proper drivers, because i couldn't, not even on Acer website.

• Maylilian
    Maylilian Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I need help to reinstall my touchscreen software after i changed a new hard disk. The repair guy said there wasn't time to back up as my PC is badly corrupted. Can someone pls help me with this? My PC is running window 8 now. My email is ***

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, serial numbers, etc.]