LCD screen replacement

REALLYANNOYED
REALLYANNOYED Member Posts: 2 New User

I've had this all in one Acer A5600U for less than three years, and suddenly while I'm typing in a word document the screen goes haywire -- to make long story short, there's a horizontal line across the screen around two thirds of the way down, with the icons in the top quarter of the screen duplicated as a shadow over the bottom quarter of the screen.  Can still get to the underlying icons, but local computer repair shop says LCD is shot and isn't replaceable by manufacturer.  And of course my unit is out of warranty.  Each of my previous computers has lasted 8+ years without a problem.  This is really a disgrace.  Help!

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your A5600U. Based on the info provided we would recommend service for this issue. It appears there is a problem with the LCD module. If you like we can offer out of warranty repair by going to https://customercare.acer.com/customercare/.

• REALLYANNOYED
    REALLYANNOYED Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks very much for your reply.  I would imagine that the out-of-warranty repair would be too costly to make it worth the effort and trouble.  Will probably have to buy a new computer, but I'm definitely not going to go with all-in-one ever again, and not with Acer.  Under three years of use is ridiculous.  This is 2016, after all.