I have an Acer Aspire Z3 710 and it keeps shutting down on me unexpectedly.

gamergirl
gamergirl Member Posts: 1 New User

My Acer Aspire Z3 710 keeps shutting down unexpectedly. The only way to turn it back on is to unplug it from the wall outlet (not from the back of the computer) and then plug it into a different outlet (cannot be the same one). After I do this it comes right back on without touching the power button, but it does not bring everything back up. It also does not save anything I was working on.

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Acer product. If you lose power before saving your work, it will not save. If the system powers back on when you move to another outlet but doesn't bring everything back up, this could be from corruption from the sudden loss of power. You can try a power reset by pressing and holding the power button while the system is powered on, and hold the power button in for 8-12 seconds. It should power off and you can power on normally at that point. If this does not resolve the issue, we would recommend repair at that point so it can be checked for power issues.