Desperate for answers! I'm lost and nothing seems to be working after power outage!

Philr1092
Philr1092 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Let me start by saying that I recently purchased an Acer desktop; Asus M32 series i5. All was working well until a severe thunderstorm in my location struck nearby resulting in a few power surges and outages within the hour. I was in my room when my desktop computer instantly shut down, so I removed the power cords and let it alone for hours. I returned plugging everything back and attempting to boot, I cant even get any power to the system it seems (no lights anywhere). The stressful part comes in when I ask for support, my SN is a 11-12 digit code that is showing up as invalid on the website, and I cannot find an SNID on the product. I am very irritated about my predicament, and I have proof of purchase somewhere at home. I need to speak to a life person or someone who can guide me through this, and possible repairs if needed. I have a photo of what I'm seeing on my desktop from the tags. Please help!

[edited for privacy - THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM - please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

sorry but...Acer or Asus?

the M32 model is Asus, so this is the wrong community board.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

Whatever the make or model...

prove the socket in the wall works, a desk lamp or similar.

check your cables to the best of your ability.

get the repairs/replacement done and then claim on your insurance.

A lightning strike locally is not gonna be covered by a warranty from the manufacturer.

If you bought some form of product/extended warranty insurance then maybe.