Black Screen on my Aspire Z3-600 after 'upgrading' to Office 365 anniversary edition!

DEANBOB
DEANBOB Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2018 Archives

I'm having the same problem as this guy posted back in October but it looks lke nobody is paying attention!! 

Another user with the same problem asked if anyone from ACER was monitoring this and I would add - Does anybody from ACER even care!!

Below is a copy of the note from back in October that has gotten no help from anywhere!!

I've tried all the same actions . . . Time to trash my ACER??

We have two Aspire Z3-600 systems and the same problem is happening on both.

After the latest Windows 10 update, I believe it's called the "Anniversary Update", the screen is blacking out for about a second, at random, and about 5 to 10 times a minute!  It's impossible to use the PCs for any amount of time.

It's a definite software issue because the black-outs happen much more often when specific software is running. For example, when I opened the window for the Acer ID information to get the serial no, etc, that window caused much longer black screens and I didn't even have time to click the Print button before the next screen blackout.

We checked Windows Update twice, we uninstalled and reinstalled the video drivers (the most probable culprit) we run the Windows Devices troubleshooter which found some driver update and installed it, but nothing solved the problem.  We get on the desktop OK, start using MS Office, or other software and the black-outs start again.

Any suggestions will be very appreciated. We need the PCs to do actual work, and the sooner we can solve this problem the better.

Thank you.

===[Edit]=====

We also did a couple more things that I found as suggestions from the MS support site:
Booted in Safe Mode and disabled all non-MS services. Rebooted - problem still there.
Both disabled and updated the touch screen drivers - problem still there.

If we boot to the desktop and just stay there the screen is fine. After starting some software and working on it, from Adobe Reader to Chrome and very often on Outlook, the black-outs start within a few to several seconds of activity on the softwarel

Answers

• kodiak63
    kodiak63 Member Posts: 3 New User

I just found this forum and I am experiencing the same issues.   Mine black out issues started back when I bought it in Jan 2014.   If I recall it only happened when I watched Netflix.   Since the updates in Sept 2016, it's been a nightmare.   It's too bad as I really like this computer.

If ACER doesnt address this issue, I doubt i will ever buy another one of their products and I will discourage family and friends from buying anything from them.

• Victour
    Victour Member Posts: 8 New User

`I'm glad I am reinstalling windows for a friend because not providing a Service Manual really Sucks. I will never buy a acer. I have Black screen full time no bios or anything I guess the graphics are on the Cpu and it could have blown... I don't know all other Mother boards MSI. ASUS, ASRock and others all provide service manuals.

• YongeNore
    YongeNore Member Posts: 2 New User
    Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated, ACER please response...
  • TalismanSkulls
    TalismanSkulls Member Posts: 3 New User
    I am having similar issues as a result of graphic driver limitations especially when trying to use Internet explorer or its new joke "Edge." It also happens on Chrome. So I went with Firefox and changed its settings and this allows me to watch videos online such as from Youtube. I already tried several times doing a bios update for Windows 10 upgrade but it resolved nothing and did a clean install. Now I am having an issue where Windows Defender says there is a missing driver Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine Interface; and when I tried to use the Intel(R) Drivers Update, it of course says "this model is not supported" even though after doing a manual install of the same drivers support. However, I am still not finding a any TXE downloads on Acer.com for this model that would resolve this and other such issues.