Aspire Z5771 all-in-one

pilou
pilou Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi all

I bought my Acer Aspire Z5771 ( in Thailand ) a few years ago, still running well, quite happy with it.

I bought it under Windows 7, and immediately upgraded to Windows 8 with a few glitches , but eventually got it done. 

Now , I cannot do the next upgrade to Windows 10. I have tried many many times, but to no avail. The process get stuck somewhere in the installation, and eventually the computer comes back to Windows 8 after restart.

I have looked on internet for clues, and have tried a few tricks, like disconnecting all USB's , internet cables etc. Nothing works.

Has anyone here been through this, and managed to successfully install Windows 10 ?

Many thanks.

Phil

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

If it's working good, I would not upgrade to Windows 10. It is not supported by Acer for Windows 10 and you will probably have a lot of driver problems.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

If it's working good, I would not upgrade to Windows 10. It is not supported by Acer for Windows 10 and you will probably have a lot of driver problems.

• pilou
    pilou Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi Philetus

And thanks for taking time to answer me.

Yes, it's indeed working OK with Win 8.1, and I have given up trying upgrading.

So I guess I'll follow your advice, and just continue to use it as it is.

Cheers.

Phil