Acer Aspire ZC-700G One short beep at startup then compter shuts off and turns back on

cdcooper
cdcooper Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have recently been hacked and now my computer will not stay on long enough for the blue screen to show to attempt any repair options, but somehow if I'm quick enough to hit the bios menu or display boot menu keys those options will show and the computer stays on the entire time. Up until I exit the screen and it then goes back to the intial issue of coming on beeping one shot time and cutting off and back on again by itself repeatedly if I dont bother it. What can I do to fix my very annoying problem? Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Answer

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi

If you know the type of BIOS, then look up the beep code online and this may tell you what the POST power on self test is failing at.

Then we can try from there with a USB stick to boot a newlt created version of windows that may be able to repair the problem.

Answers

• doughjohn
    Answer ✓

Hi

If you know the type of BIOS, then look up the beep code online and this may tell you what the POST power on self test is failing at.

Then we can try from there with a USB stick to boot a newlt created version of windows that may be able to repair the problem.

• cdcooper
    cdcooper Member Posts: 2 New User

I have read that one beep means the computer is fine. I recently created a installation usb and have made the changes in the bios. I have now ran into not being able to upgrade but haaving to doing a custom installation but I dont know where to install it. Any reccomendations?

• doughjohn

Hi

A custom install of what?  Upgrade of what.

I don't actually want accept that 1 beep means all is well if the computer shuts down and then restarts.

However if you want to install from USB then probably need to change the boot order in the BIOS.

Next would be to consider what is on the Hard Disk and what new partitions are wanted, or just overwrite everything.  BUT there may be a recovery area that needs protecting, so I cannot really say more without more info.