Acer Aspire Z5771 All-In-One

clowny74
clowny74 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello Smiley Happy and good morning

I am the proud owner of a Aspire All-In-One Desktop Z5771 and have been for a number of years. I love this system so the thought of possibly, maybe having to throw it out devastates me and any assistance will be greatfully appreciated.

Having said all that i have had a few issues with my system which has seen my system being sent to Acer in Sydney several times and also i have the motherboard replaced by Acer (God bless them Smiley Very Happy) only in the last few months. So while i was tidying up the cables at the rear of my computer i have knocked the power cable and slightly dislodged it from its socket. This power cord is the one that powers the computer via the AC/DC convertor. The DC plug that connects into the rear of the computer was never touched or dislodged.

My computer since then will not turn on correctly, by this i mean as soon as i press the power button the button goes blue in illumination, i can hear a fan start and continue to run, i can hear the HDD run but No beep by the motherboard to indicate it has been initialized. The screen is blank. This all happens immediately and not the usual few seconds after the power button is pushed when i would normally start my computer. Then if i press the power button again, the computer immediately turns off. But not the normal turn off it would do as if it was sutting down correctly, even if holding down the power button for the 8-10 seconds required to do a "forced shut-down"

So to me It appears my computer is in either a "sleep" or "hibernation" mode and it is not able to get it out of this. I can confirm this.....i think.....as while the computer is in its "sleep/hibernation" state, i have tried pressing various combinations of keys and then every button on the keybord to see if i can possibly trigger some key combination to wake the system up and it has woken the computer up. The blue power light illuminates the fan runs, HDD runs but again a blank screen.

I havent opened up my computer just yet and started unplugging items just yet i thought i would try this forum

I hope i have provided as much detail as i can, its taken me hours to type with my two finger typing system i use...haaa

Any help/assistance will be most welcome please, and thank you

Nathan Smiley Happy