Acer Aspire Z3760 All in One won't boot, won't recognise keyboard or mouse, black screen

HL25
HL25 Member Posts: 2 New User

I am a newbie and would appreciate any help. I was given this desktop to see if I can get it working. I am reasonably good with computers but this has stumped me. It turns on but with black screen, keyboard and mouse aren't recognised either nor is a Disc. The power light is one, I can hear the fan. It makes one short beep when trying to start. I have taken the back off to see if there are any loose connections and there isn't and it's not dusty. Any suggestions?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if ti has an HDMI output, try an external monitor too...if it still black screen, can be a BIOS issue or graphic adapter issue.

try to boot to BIOS disconnecting HDD too.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • HL25
    HL25 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for replying. I've tried your suggestions but no luck. I also took out and cleaned the CMOS battery thinking that might help but it didn't. Still blank screen and Bluetooth keyboard and mouse still not recognised nor is another keyboard that I plugged in. But it does emit a short beep when trying to start, so I'm at a loss. Any more suggestions would be much appreciated.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

unplug DVD drive, HDD and all the ram sticks.

try to boot, if you still have a black screen, even on external monitor...it's a motherboard failure.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Ramona
    Ramona Member Posts: 2 New User

i NOTICE THAT i HAVE TO KEEP MY COMPUTER UNPLUGGED WHEN NOT IN USE.  i JUST TURN OFF MY SURGE PROTECTOR WHEN NOT IN USE.   i ALSO CANNOT ALLOW THE COMPUTER TO GO TO SLEEP.   THE COMPUTER SHOULD NEVER GO INTO RESTART MODE ONCE ON.   IT NEEDS AT LEAST 1/2 HOUR BEFORE POWERING ON