Acer Aspire R14 - Pink screen?

pinkscreen
pinkscreen Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops

Please help, after waking up from sleep mode, my screen has vertical pink stripes ...

Pink stripy screen ...Pink stripy screen ...

Best Answer

Answers

• vader300
    vader300 Member Posts: 3 New User

Mine started doing this today as well. Apparently many people have been having this issue as well. There must have been an update that went out recently that went sour. 

• pinkscreen

I've tried installing an older version of the VGA driver, it worked for a while until it got updated again. T_____T. Is there a permanent fix???

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi,

You could try stopping Windows updating the driver, go to Control panel, System and Security, System, click Advanced system settings, go to Hardware tab, click Device Installation settings, select No radio button, Apply and OK.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

• sstone6859
    sstone6859 Member Posts: 1 New User

My computer started with the same problem on Friday.  Has the suggested solution worked?

• efrownfelter
    efrownfelter Member Posts: 1 New User

On my current installation of Windows 10 there is no Control Panel. In Settings, the path is completely different. There is a System icon and an Updates and Security icon.  The Display path under system offers no option to control updates, other than a button to run an update.  The Advanced Options under Updates and Security only addresses updates generally, with no provision for specific devices. The device menu out of the device driver allows updating or rolling back, but not setting the device to not update. The path you described doesn't seem to exist in my version of Windows 10.

• pinkscreen

Uninstall or roll back the VGA driver, the 2016 version works fine. Hope it helps.

• brummyfan2

efrownfelter wrote:

On my current installation of Windows 10 there is no Control Panel. In Settings, the path is completely different. There is a System icon and an Updates and Security icon.  The Display path under system offers no option to control updates, other than a button to run an update.  The Advanced Options under Updates and Security only addresses updates generally, with no provision for specific devices. The device menu out of the device driver allows updating or rolling back, but not setting the device to not update. The path you described doesn't seem to exist in my version of Windows 10.

Hi,

Type "Control Panel" in Start search.

Capture.JPG

• TSTR1
    TSTR1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I need help too, my computer is Acer R5- 471T and I have the same problem after waking up from sleep mode, the same vertical pink stripes, I did all the things that are mentioned here, and the problem was solved for about 5 minutes, then again the stripes appeared.

• brummyfan2

TSTR1 wrote:

Hi, I need help too, my computer is Acer R5- 471T and I have the same problem after waking up from sleep mode, the same vertical pink stripes, I did all the things that are mentioned here, and the problem was solved for about 5 minutes, then again the stripes appeared.

Hi,

Then it might be a different fault, does it change when you move the screen to a different position? Could you be able to check with an external display with a HDMI cable?

• stanley99
    stanley99 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have EXACTLY THE SAME problem in my Acer R13 R7-372T, Intel HD 520 graphics, Windows 10 home (Polish language).
    It appeared after the automatic update of drivers from Windows Update, in my case 28/09/2017. New "bad" driver: 22.20.16.4691 (date of publication 6/02/2017). Please check yours Windows Update history.

To the old driver, I restored the system before the update date with a Restore Point. Old driver in my Acer: 20.19.15.4444 (22/04/2016). Now the graphics work fine (with the new "bad" driver I also had a problem with Screen Mirroring with my Panasonic tv).

But I had to completely disable Windows Update in system services, because new driver automatically installed again. I have not found another way to effectively disable only driver updates in Windows Home.
    I am waiting for a solution by the manufacturer - Intel, Acer or Microsoft... I hope that soon... ;-)

P.S. This thread is marked as "solved". Its not solved, its "bypassed" ;-)

• StanleyArcher
    StanleyArcher Member Posts: 1 New User
    My Acer Aspire C24-760 inherited the white screen with vertical blue and pink lines after a  November Windows 10 Update--could anyone give me simple ***** proof steps to correct this please---they re-appear after each sleep-can be cleared away by turning he computer on and off-this seems to be only a problem with Acer Computers -surely they should get it sorted
  • Zebra2400
    Zebra2400 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Why hasn’t there been any answers to fix this properly? I have this problem too! Vertices lines throughout the screen. Please fix this issue Acer Support! Thanks. 
  • JS2018
    JS2018 Member Posts: 2 New User
    This "vertical line" problem upon resuming from sleep mode was "fixed" with a updated BIOS (version 1.12) from Acer.  You can download it from the Acer support site.  However, I find that a new problem has arisen in its place, on my Acer Aspire R7-372: my machine often (but randomly, not all the time) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity, even though my settings are set for "NEVER SLEEP".  I have a feeling there's something wrong with the "power settings" or Intel Graphics 520 driver on my unit (because I have other problems with freezing and 2-second blackouts on two attached Dell monitors), but I have no idea where to seek advice.  Anyone with similar "unwanted sleep" and freezing/external monitor blackouts linked to the R7-372?
  • yzlian
    yzlian Member Posts: 1 New User
    Mine has same problem. Model is ZC-605 all-in-one. ACER says there is no jack for an external monitor for this model - any way to do it? 
  • Abhi17
    Abhi17 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2021
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Abhi17,

May I know whats wronge in the system.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @Abhi17 it doesn't look like your computer is one of the All-In-One models. It looks more like a laptop. Please make a new thread in the appropriate laptop section and include your full model number, what you are seeing and what you have tried so far to fix it. If the only issue is the pink band across the bottom of the screen, boot into the BIOS to see if it happens there as well.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.