Acer CloudMobile S500 bootloader unlock!?

Antaeus
Antaeus Member Posts: 5 New User

Will Acer please unlock the bootloader on this device? It would be the best christmas present EVER! Smiley Very Happy

Answers

• vecinu95
    vecinu95 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Totally agree Smiley Very Happy

• mementomori
    mementomori Member Posts: 1 New User

A unlcoked bootloader wold make this the perfect phone. Please Acer...it wold really be a great Christmas present.

• Antaeus
    Antaeus Member Posts: 5 New User
    Well, there is a leaked jellybean rom with an unlockable bootloader out there. Unfortunately it's not compatible with all versions of S500. Most notably the ones from Orange Romania.
    Oh, and btw Acer. Tomorrow I have to change my S500 for the second time! Erratic switching off, battery sporadically goes from ~90% to 0% and then back after I turn it back on, I had to factory reset it because ALL sensors failed (light, g-sensor, proximity etc.), and above all else my screen is littered with dead pixels (can't even count them, that many!). And to think I exchanged the first one because of ONE dead pixel. An NO, no CWM, no ROOT, no leaked FW, NOTHING! I get that it's cheap but that does not mean it should not work properly...
    Just like your notebooks, this smartphone has let me down. I'm exchanging it one last time, next time I want my money back!
This discussion has been closed.