Packard Bell iMedia L4875 how to enable legacy BIOS problems with installing windows 7...

DrWolfenstein
DrWolfenstein Member Posts: 6 New User

Could anyone tell me how to enable legacy bios this is a new machine and i want to go from windows 8 to win 7 as i much prefer win 7. I have a thread going on sevenforums and could really do with some help thanks. the link below is for the thread with all the info an so on thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/269566-gpt-hard-drive-issues-installing-windows-7-ultimate-12.html

Answers

• wwillemse
    wwillemse Member Posts: 79 Troubleshooter

Can I suggest using something like ClassicShell to make Windows 8 behave like Windows 7? It's a free download, and it might save you a lot of agitation switching OSes.

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

to switch into the Legacy BIOS all you need to do kis do a full shut down of the unit and when you power on Tap the F2 Key. This will then take you into the BIOS. when in the BIOS go under the boot option and click on UEFI, then swap it to the legacy option and save and exit with F10.

• DrWolfenstein

I done what you said but when i select the uefi hdd nothing comes up for legacy?

• Joshua188

ok when under the boot tap make sure you have UEFI highlighted when this is done tap enter and it should pop up a sub menu

• DrWolfenstein

Yeah i done that pressed enter on the hdd takes me to a sub menu but i could not seen anything for legacy Smiley Sad

• Joshua188

hmm did the unit ship with windows 8?

• DrWolfenstein

yeah windows 8 was pre-installed, i'd never have thought it would be so much trouble just to get my win 7 back on there haha. I dont want win 8 i'm really not a fan lol

• Joshua188

well the unit should still have the option of Both UEFI and Legacy BIOS. As long as it came with OEM Windows 8. can you sned a screen shot of the BIOS screen

• DrWolfenstein

If you look in the original post i put a link to win 7 forums and in them posts i have posted pic's of all the bios pages Smiley Happy

• tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

1.Completely shut down your computer.

2.Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press Delete to enter the

BIOS.

3.Use the right arrow key to select Authentication.

4.With Secure Boot highlighted, press Enter and then the down arrow to select Disabled.

5.Use the right arrow key to select Boot Options.

6.With Launch CSM highlighted, press Enter and use the down arrow to select Always.

7.Press Enter.

8.Press the F10 key to save changes and restart the system

• Joshua188

ok i took a lok at them. Try folowing the steps on this link

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27072

this should help out a bit

This discussion has been closed.