windows installation

kuki994
kuki994 Member Posts: 3 New User
can somebody help me? I have acer aspire e1 510..i can't install windows.. I bought new and I can't install windows for the first time?

Answers

• kuki994
    my bios is 5.0 version.. uefi mode.. i tryed windows 8.1, windows 7, windows xp.. i can't read cd's.. i can on my old... but i can't on my new..
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi..

Are you able to boot and use the factory shipped operating system?

Bootable media from previous versions of Windows may not be recognized in Windows 8. You can disable secure boot, change the Boot Mode setting from UEFI to Legacy BIOS, and it should recognize the bootable device.

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here :Acer Global Support

• kuki994
    no, i am not able to boot and use the factory OS.. i have feeling like my bios is locked..
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

Since you are unable to complete the intial setup, this could be an issue with files stored in the recovery partition.

You need to use the recovery media to reload the operating system.

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here :Acer Global Support

This discussion has been closed.