v3-772G thermal paste change, overheating, cleaning

oksygen
oksygen Member Posts: 11 New User

Hi,

i have a NX.M8SEL.002 version of v3-772G, and it's goes quite hot when playing.. 100 Deg. Celcius (RealTemp)

(i7-4702MQ   -- TJUNCTION 100°C   http://ark.intel.com/products/75119)

it's to high and may damage the processor.

I wonder can i clean(with disassembling of the heat dispersion system), or change the cooling paste to lets say well known  "Arctic mx-2",  without warranty loss?

I have read about cpu temperature before buying, but didn't thought that it would be so high... Smiley Surprised

Thanks.

Answers

• bekshind
    bekshind Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

Hi,

Well I to have v3-772, and was amazed by the temperatures of cpu in gaming, my solution was a good active cooling pad, it cools down the cpu by 10°C in some cases. I think there's no way you can change thermal paste without voiding the warranty, and you can clean venting ducts by using a compresed air (or the hair dryer)...

Hope it helps

• oksygen

Hi,

buying the cooling pad is not a solution for this .. yes it helps, but if computer temperature goes out of component manufacturer recomended temperature range, its bad design (venting hole for intake is slightly offset and smaller in diameter then fan), or some bad choices like bad cooling paste, maby less good thermal dissipation choice Smiley Wink

But it's still good Notebook Smiley Wink

• Aspire-Tek
    Aspire-Tek Member Posts: 4 New User

You should replace both thermal paste and thermal pads. I got a set of thermal pastes from ebay. The set includes normal high thermal conductivity paste and a viscus / gummy thermal paste designed to replace thermal pads. Replacing the thermal pads is very important every time you remove the heatsink so this set was a perfect solution. The products are called K4-PRO (thermal paste) and K5-PRO (thermal paste for thermal pad replacement).

You can see a video about them here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmAc3zzur7-dknxUY-o2gKQ/videos

and you can find them on ebay and Amazon

• oksygen

thanks, but there is no comparison to others until then will trust Arctic Smiley Wink

• Aspire-Tek
    Aspire-Tek Member Posts: 4 New User

You can't replace thermal pads with Arctic.....

• oksygen

thermal pads can be replaced with pads ONLY.. i'm talking about cpu/gpu paste

it's hard not to get 90+ celcius while gaming on flat surfice ... 

i NEED a ACER SUPPORT personal to answer this ... can i change paste to another paste .. whell known for ***** cooling

or i need to get it worm up so it breaks and then ask for new or refund ?

This discussion has been closed.