"No RCD available for the entered Serial Number" How can I order a recovery disk?

NW-412
NW-412 Member Posts: 1 New User

I get this message when attempting to place an order, and every number I've called says im out of warranty and to go to the website to place an order. What the **bleep** am I supposed to do?

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

I have sent you a private message requesting information. Can you please supply the information I requested and I will assist you in ordering recovery disks?

Regards,

Acer-Blayn

• sbenson
    sbenson Member Posts: 2 New User

Acer-Blayn,

I am having the same issue.  Trying to order a recovery disk but getting error: No RCD available for the entered Serial Number.  Can you help me too?

• Blayn-Acer

I would be happy to assist you as well. What model computer are you inquiring about? I will check to see if we have recovery software available for your model.

• sona1859
    sona1859 Member Posts: 1 New User

I was trying to reset my acer aspire 5920 to factory, but it fails  after starting the process.

I decided to purchase recovery disk, but when i enter the s-n number it says no RCD available for entered serial number.

Would you please help me to get recovery disck?

• laurenhowarth
    laurenhowarth Member Posts: 1 New User

I am having the same problem! Please can you help me too?

• lindsayrknz
    lindsayrknz Member Posts: 1 New User

I too have encountered this message when checking for eRecovery whiich is frustrating.

I have an ACER Aspire One AOD270 purchased 10/10/2012 which I have registered but does not appear in the list of product's I own.  OS Windows 7

I registered an ACER Aspire ZS600 All In One on 12/08/2012 which does appear on my products list and I dread checking about eRecovery. OS Windows 8

• Hammer7869
    Hammer7869 Member Posts: 3 New User

Why is it impossible to buy a recovery CD from Acer?  I dont care if I need to pay for something that I should get for free...Where can I buy recovery disks!?!?!

• Hammer7869

To Save the Acer technicans some time.  I have an Acer Aspire 5532.  The hard drive crashed, no recovery media had been created.  Now I need to reinstall windows to the original factory defaults.

• Hammer7869

Is there any way to contact Acer for support?  Its been MANY days and still no response like earlier in this thread from an "Acer Technician"  any support would be helpful from this company.

• Blayn-Acer

I have sent private messages to community members that have posted to this thread requesting additional information. If you reply to my private messages, I will do my best to assist you.

• Daisyhernandez
    Daisyhernandez Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can you please help me? I keep getting "No RCD available for the entered Serial Number." when I enter my serial number. I really need my computer for school work Smiley Sad
  • grinningsoul
    grinningsoul Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I'm also having this issue. Can someone please help?

Thanks!

• Beth
    Beth Member Posts: 1 New User

I am having the same issue.  Can someone please let me know how to order a recovery disk?

• frustrationmax
    frustrationmax Member Posts: 7 New User

Advice on another thread was to call the number "at the bottom" of the web page:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Acer-Notebooks-Netbooks/Need-recovery-media-for-an-Acer-1410-any-suggestions-not/m-p/30109#M6420

I had no number at the bottom of mine, but I found a number for Acer Italy and they told me they would sell me recovery media, but not cheap. See bottom of post I linked above.

Edit to add: I found the number here: http://store.acer.com/store/aceremea/it_IT/home but there are similar numbers and contact email addresses at each country's Acer Store, a short euro list is here: http://www.acer-euro.com/store-moving/moving.htm

• michaelukz
    michaelukz Member Posts: 1 New User

I am not fond of windows 8 and want my old windows 7 back (Used disk to upgrade) and I was hoping that I could get aRecoveryDisk as i was told this can reset my computer to original factory settings but when i typed in my S/N i got "No RCD available for the entered Serial Number."

• krimage
    krimage Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello I am having the same issue with this message.

I have an Acer Aspire 5515-  I will be glad to provide the information of the SNID or SN ina  private message if you send me one.

Thanks

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Guys, easiest way to fix this issue is to call Acer directly.

• Charette
    Charette Member Posts: 1 New User

Had the same problem and I'm trying to get a recovery cd, etc....how can I obtain one?  I live in Germany and bought my predator G5920 thru conrad.de, but can install all in english. If you could help?

No RCD available for the entered Serial Number.

• Amaia
    Amaia Member Posts: 1 New User

Acer-Blayn 

I am having the exact same problem, can you help me as well?

• doosam
    doosam Member Posts: 1 New User

I am having the same issue.  Can someone please let me know how to order a recovery disk?

This discussion has been closed.