hi the touch screen on my acer aspire Z5700 is not working any advice thanks

rich5555
rich5555 Member Posts: 6 New User

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi..

Is your computer shipped with windows 7 or 8?

Do you receive any error messages?

Is the USB input device displayed under "Human interface device" in device manager?

Was there any windows updates that were automatically installed on your computer?

You may try restoring the computer to previous date when the touch screen was working fine?

• rich5555
    Hi purchased it today 2nd hand on set up the touch screen didn't work neither did the Acer wireless keyboard and mouse so I used my own wireless keyboard and worked fine I then restored the PC back to factory settings but still no touch screen all but that works fine
  • rich5555
    Sorry it's windows 7 forgot to mention
  • rich5555

When i set the pc up the acer wireless mouse and keyboard and the touch screen would not work i used my own wireless keyboard and mouse and they worked there wasnt a restore point on the machine so i completed a factory reset but still cant use the original mouse and keyboard and still no touch screen everything else is working fine, i contacted the previous owner who told me it needed an update as it hadnt been used in a long time apart from taking it back and trying to get a refund any suggestions would be appreciated

• rich5555

I have just contacted customercarehelp.com who after remotely working on my pc told me to look at my screen and pointed out that there were several drivers that were displaying stopped and he said this was the problem but wanted £80 to fix it i said no thanks would rather take the machine back any advice thanks

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

You may contact Acer live chat here : http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

For other services you may refre this weblink : http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/service-contact

This discussion has been closed.