acer IPS FHD ComfyView LED issue

mubke32
mubke32 Member Posts: 18 New User

I Update Aspire V3-571G 5323 6G75 with windows 8.1 text on the screen  appears pixelated!

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

It sounds as if it may be a video driver issue. Did you download the 8.1 update from the Windows store? You may try loading the video driver for this system from http://www.acer.com/support.

• mubke32

Yes, I did download from windows store

When installation of windows 8.1 complete I installed all windows updates. the site you mentioned for video driver is error  page 404 not found.

Anyway, I restored factory settings windows 8 because  I don't want to loose  IPS FHD Acer ComfyView, which reduces light reflection for better & more comfortable viewing under many conditions.IPS displays for wider viewing angles, and better colour reproduction by installing windows 8.1.

• Blayn-Acer

Sorry if the link provided did not work. You can go to http://www.acer.com, then click Support, then Drivers and Manuals.

In regards to not wanting to lose the ComfyView features of the display, you will not lose those, as that is referring to the hardware design, which is not changed during upgrading to Windows 8.1.

• mubke32

I downloaded and updated windows 8.1 again from windows store

I downloaded and installed  Intel/Nivdia VGA driver for this system from acer diver support site to remove newer version but problem remains same.

I did try reinstalled VGA card from factory default drivers or applications from acer recovery management.

Are you sure hardware design is not changed during upgrading to Windows 8.1.? Because I just bought this laptop a month ago.

• Blayn-Acer

I am very sure the hardware configuration does not change during the upgrade. If the video is not displaying properly after the upgrade, the problem would be completely software related. If installing the drivers from our website do not resolve the issue, you may try running Windows updates, if there are any, and try uninstalling the video driver after the Windows 8.1 update, then loading a video driver downloaded from our site.

• mubke32

Yes, after the  Windows 8.1 update and windows update uninstalled video driver and installed downloaded driver from acer site second time. Now I believe acer IPS FHD ComfyView LED colors are back! I can feel. Thank you.

Unfortunately, when I right click windows start button still text looks fluzzy and  the video quality is not same like before.

This discussion has been closed.