Trackpad not working on Aspire V3571

Kate69
Kate69 Member Posts: 2 New User

My touchpad stopped working out of the blue. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Best Answer

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Kate, there is more than one possible cause, so there's more than one possible solution.

You might have accidentally turned it off. Is there a horizontal bar just above or below your touchpad? If so, press it to see if it solves your problem.

Look for an F key with a picture of a hand with a pointing finger. Press Fn and that key to see if it comes back on.

If they don't work, go to Control Panel, Hardware, Device Manger, and Mouse. For some brilliant reason, Microsoft puts touchpads under the Mouse icon. There, check to make sure that everything is turned on.

Still no success? Run a deep scan with your antivirus program. If all else fails, use System Restore to go back to when it worked.

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Kate, there is more than one possible cause, so there's more than one possible solution.

You might have accidentally turned it off. Is there a horizontal bar just above or below your touchpad? If so, press it to see if it solves your problem.

Look for an F key with a picture of a hand with a pointing finger. Press Fn and that key to see if it comes back on.

If they don't work, go to Control Panel, Hardware, Device Manger, and Mouse. For some brilliant reason, Microsoft puts touchpads under the Mouse icon. There, check to make sure that everything is turned on.

Still no success? Run a deep scan with your antivirus program. If all else fails, use System Restore to go back to when it worked.

• Kate69
    Kate69 Member Posts: 2 New User

I totally turned it off. I did what you suggested and hit the Fn key and the key with the pointing finger and it worked. Thank you so much.

This discussion has been closed.