Touchscreen Not Working windows 8.1

katjacks
katjacks Member Posts: 1 New User

I've had my Acer Aspire v-5 571p since the summer.  I've had a few problems with it but today the touchscreen stopped responding properly.  I upgraded to Windows 8.1 last week with no problems.  Even the touchpad is off as well.  I can't swipe over on the right to display the charms.  I can't close a window in IE.  I had tremendous problems navigating this site with both avenues being unresponsive and decided to just ask a question.  I have updates turned on; ran virus scan just in case.  Please help.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Hi katjacks

There seems to be quite a few problems that the Windows 8.1 update is causing.

Check out the Acer support site to see if there are any updated drivers for your laptop.

The only advice I can give is to backup all your files and reinstall Windows 8 from your recovery partition
  • MonitorThis
    MonitorThis Member Posts: 2 New User

What's the story already with releasing a proper driver for Windows 8.1, which has been on the market for a number of months.  We all read that manufacturers get preview copies of OS upgrades.   It's really about time!

Getting advice to re-install Windows 8.0 is ridiculous.

I love the monitor,  but I am greatly disappointed in customer support.   Don't market monitors as being compatible when they clearly are not.  

I have no touch capability with 8.1 currently.   I occasionally do, after temporarily unplugging the USB connector, but it's hit or miss.

Not too sure I would buy another Acer monitor.

• dladouceur
    dladouceur Member Posts: 3 New User

EVER SINCE WINDOWS 8.1 TOUCH SCREEN STOPPED WORKING - USB 3.0 / 2.0 ISSUES

ACER YOU NEED TO FREAKIN STEP UP AND ADDRESS THIS - OR I WILL RETURN THE PIECE OF ***** AND YOU WILL GIVE ME A NEW ONE.

This discussion has been closed.