The latest drivers for my video are not available here ATI says I must get them through you. HELP!

dysprosium
dysprosium Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Aspire 7745G with an ATI Radeon HD 5650.  I recently purchased a game which should work just fine with my set up but it crashes.  Working with the makers of the game they say it's because my video card driver is not the latest one.

I went to the AMD site here:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx

Downloaded and launched.

It then says:

"AMD Catalyst Mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on your computer.  The version of your graphics adapter is not suported.  Please contact your notebook manufacturer for a graphics driver update."

so I'm in the situation where my driver is outdated.  I got the driver available here but it's not the latest.  How do I get the latest drivers onto my computer?

Best Answer

• Travis-Acer
    Travis-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 681 Acer Crew
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately due to the age of the unit there will no longer be graphics driver updates from Acer for the product. AMD's compatibility tool blocks the installation because their drivers do not provide system specific features such as switchable graphics.

Answers

• Travis-Acer
    Travis-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 681 Acer Crew
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately due to the age of the unit there will no longer be graphics driver updates from Acer for the product. AMD's compatibility tool blocks the installation because their drivers do not provide system specific features such as switchable graphics.

• dysprosium
    dysprosium Member Posts: 2 New User

This computer is only just about to turn 2.  I am really disappointed that driver updates through acer discontinue after such a short period of time.  I guess when I finally do have to buy another computer, I'll have to consider other companies whom don't leave their consumers high and dry for updates so quickly.

• KBS
    KBS Member Posts: 1 New User

So I have an Acer Aspire 7750G with an AMD Radeon HD 6650M that should be updated according to my newest drafting program tech support becasue of some issues.  The driver is dated 2/8/2011, version 8.822.0.0.  Does this mean I also can not get this updated??

This discussion has been closed.