[Sources] Acer Liquid E1

DrShadow
DrShadow Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi,

I own this smartphone : Acer Liquid E1 (V360). I love to tweak the bootloader + kernel, thank you for the sources.

This phone has been replaced by the Acer Liquid E2 so I suppose that system updates will probably never occur now (or rare).

I like this smartphone and i would like to tweak the android system + follow google android updates BUT we miss sources from android system (mediatek libs, framework, ...). I know it's under apache license so if you don't want to release sources, you won't but please answer a few questions (sorry for my bad english).

First of all, mediatek doesn't release sources for their chipsets (of course !) but manufacturers get sources (i guess) so are they allowed to release those sources (tweaked of course) ?

I hope you realize that releasing those sources (if you are allowed to do it), people would be able to develop and maintain system updates (not officialy of course ;o)

Can you tell us more about your position for releasing the android tree sources ?

Thank you in advance !

A french developer with a community behind him Smiley Wink

Answers

• DrShadow

UP, still waiting for a reply guys...

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

On Acer website i can found that "kernel source code (for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean)", is what are you looking for?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • DrShadow

Ty but it's not only kernel I want...

Actually there is a custom kernel for E1 made by me (https://github.com/Dr-Shadow/android_kernel_acer_c10 and http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2561175)

I want to go as far as I can (JB update to 4.2 and 4.3 or cyanogenmod) that's why I'm asking AOSP source tree for mediatek lib & framework (for example)

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if MTK doesn't release sources, i think that Acer can't release their own MTK part.

i know that Qualcom release theirs, so "cookers" must ask to MTK for sources/libraries

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • tim121E1
    tim121E1 Member Posts: 1 New User

I hope they do...

Because i dont believe they give the E1 ever an update...

And the E1 can have Kitkat or something but i have not the skills to make it...

So thanks to you !

This discussion has been closed.