Seagate ST4000DM000 + acer predator g3600

mracer
mracer Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi !

I have a customer with a acer predator g3600 and wanted to use a 4TB disk from Seagate and seems like an impossible task. The disk is recognized in bios (AHCI mode) but in win7 64b in disk management (when trying to acivate ) fails with i/o error, doesnt matter in which mode...Motherboard has the latest bios ver.The drive is ok tested in a another computer...I guess a firmware problem...

anyone with a suggestion?

H

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi mracer

If the drive has been tested in another computer, then it may well be that your mobo is not able to see a 4TB hard drive.

You could install a smaller boot drive (either SSD or a standard HDD) and use the 4TB as the "Data" partition, where you store all your documents/picture etc.

• mracer
    mracer Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the reply!

If anyone is interested,,,through exhausting testing it was possible to get it work but only in native ide-mode(which suggests some performance loss) and using the the internal blue colored sata connectors and then using gpt mode in disk management when activating it...The 1TB disk which came with the computer is used as boot disk, and the 4TB one was intended as a extra storage disk..

But anyways everything seems happy and working ok

Thanks for the input,,,

mrAcer

This discussion has been closed.