S243HL not recognized on Win 8.1

thomas-weller
thomas-weller Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

I have two S243HL (and one other display) connected to a Matrox Multi-Display-Adapter, running on Win 8.1 Pro 64bit.

My problem is that Windows does not recognize the SH243HL and instead insists on using the 'Generic Non-PnP Monitor' Driver. The 'Screen Resolution' property page gives me 1600x1200 as highest resolution.

The 'latest' driver for the S243HL is for Win Vista 32-bit (which feels to me like a bad joke...).

What can I do to get at least the necessary resolution?

- Thomas

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Does anything appear on the S243HL display when connected to the Multi-Display adapter, or is the screen blank?

If you connect the monitor as a single display with no adapters, do you see anything on the screen?

If so, what resolution options do you have?

• thomas-weller

Hi,

thx for replying.

Everything works totally normal (i.e. I have all three monitors, I can move them around etc.). The only problem is, that the monitors are 'recognized' as 'Generic Non-PnP' and the highest possible resolution that I can select for them is 1600x1200@60Hz.

What do you mean with 'connecting the display w/o adapter'?

• Blayn-Acer

I asked about the adapter because in your original post, you stated "Matrox Multi-Display-Adapter". I just wanted to see how it functioned if it was connected to a computer as only 1 monitor with no adapters.

I do not show a Windows 8.1 driver posted for this monitor at this time. If a driver is posted for Windows 8.1, it will be listed at http://www.acer.com. In regards to the resolution, it seems as if it is the driver that Windows is loading that is limiting the resolution. You may try looking online for a third party driver, to see if that will give other resolution options.

• thomas-weller

This (finding a compatible driver that gives me higher resolution options) was my idea, too. But no luck so far.

Any idea where I can search?

• Blayn-Acer

Unfortunately, I do not have any recommendations for third party driver sites. You may try searching google, to see if that yeilds any suitable results.

This discussion has been closed.