Questions regarding Acer Aspire Switch 10 Warranty

Rightformula1
Rightformula1 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi,

I'm very interested and most likely going to be going ahead with a purchase of the Acer Aspire Switch 10 but I have a few questions. As the device is currently not available in Australia my plan is to either:

A) pick one of these devices up when I visit the US in two weeks time

Or

B) order it now (from the US) and have it shipped here, so it is delivered by the time I return from my journey.

So my main question is, as I have seen several different people having the same issue on here with no apparent fix, if I made the purchase would I be covered under warranty? I think the first one would see me covered under the international travellers warranty, but it's not very clear. The second option would only be local (US) warranty, is that correct? So if I had an issue I would have to send it back to the US (at my expense)? Or would it be covered here in Australia? And finally, if an issue arises here, would the local acer service centre (located in Sydney) be able to fix the issue or arrange a replacement model, even if I have to pay a fee?

Thanks for the help, I'm throughly impressed with the device for what it is, I just don't want to be stuck with a dud and find out I'm not covered by warranty after I return home (Australia) or when it arrives.

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

An Acer traveler's warranty is designed so if you purchase a product, then travel outside your country for up to 90 days, you can get service while you are traveling. Since you live in Australia, and would be buying it abroad and returning home, this would not classify you as a bonafide traveler. You can read all terms and conditions at http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/itw.htm.

The warranty for a product purchased in the US would need to be serviced in the US. Unfortunately, you would be responsible for shipping the product to the US for repair, and we can only ship back to an address in the US, so you would have to send it to someone in the states who can forward the package.

In regards to if the Australian repair depot can repair the product, it would be up to their discression as to whether an ITW would apply and if they are able to obtain parts for the system. It is recommended any warranty service needed on a product purchased, be done in the country of the original sale.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

An Acer traveler's warranty is designed so if you purchase a product, then travel outside your country for up to 90 days, you can get service while you are traveling. Since you live in Australia, and would be buying it abroad and returning home, this would not classify you as a bonafide traveler. You can read all terms and conditions at http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/itw.htm.

The warranty for a product purchased in the US would need to be serviced in the US. Unfortunately, you would be responsible for shipping the product to the US for repair, and we can only ship back to an address in the US, so you would have to send it to someone in the states who can forward the package.

In regards to if the Australian repair depot can repair the product, it would be up to their discression as to whether an ITW would apply and if they are able to obtain parts for the system. It is recommended any warranty service needed on a product purchased, be done in the country of the original sale.

• Rightformula1
    Rightformula1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Well great, thanks for nothing. I really wanted this device, why it isn't yet avaliable in Australia whilst being readily avaliable in many other countries in the world is beyond me. That combined with the way the Aspire Switch 10's issues are being handled, and it seems you've actually done me a favour and saved me from this mess. Will be buying an Asus T100 instead. Won't be returning to Acer for a long time, unless they get their act together.

This discussion has been closed.