Problem resetting my Aspire v3-571 to factory setting

spilakm
spilakm Member Posts: 2 New User

My son has an Aspire v3-571 with Windows 8 that we purchased in September, and it's been working great until last week - now it won't reboot for him. When we turn it on, it says "Preparing automatic repair" then it says it can't repair it and takes me to a troubleshooting option. We tried resetting it to the factory settings and it will only get to 76% and gets hung up (stayed that way overnight). I shut it off and tried again and now I'm in a "troubleshoot loop" where it won't even reset but just goes back to the troubleshoot menu options. I can't even exit to log in to Windows to access the start menu.

I also tried the Alt+F10 alternative described here http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2631 and it isn't working either.

How can I factory reset this notebook?

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi spilakm

If your son made a recovery USB (or disks) then try recovering from that.

It may be possible that the hard drive is at fault, but as your laptop is still under warranty, the best thing to do is to contact Acer support for your region to arrange a repair.

• spilakm
    spilakm Member Posts: 2 New User

yeah, no he didn't make a recovery disc/USB. We wound up taking it back to where we bought it and they are shipping it for repair. Thanks for getting back to me, though!

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Great stuff!

Let us know how you get on!

This discussion has been closed.