OS Crashes, Chromebook won't boot. Wireless will not enable

Yacko
Yacko Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the C720 and have experienced where my chromebook will not boot, or the wireless is turned off and can not be turned back on. I have also experienced a black screen. If any of this happens, hold the power button down. You can do a restore, which is pretty easy,

Press and hold the Esc key and refresh (third key from the Esc) and press the power.. The Chromebook will boot to Developer Mode. Press Ctrl + D to turn off OS verification. When prompted to turn OS verification off. press enter and the chromebook will restart. 

At the OS verification is OFF screen, do not press the spacebar. The recovery process will start automatically after approximately 15 seconds. The restore process will take around 5 minutes. A progress bar appears at the top of the screen.

The chromebook restarts and prompts to re-enable verification. Press the spacebar.

Press Enter to confirm that hou wish to turn OS verification on.

Answers

• uali
    uali Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter

Your post is unclear - were you in developer mode before the problems arose OR did you go into developer mode after the problems arose.

It seems from your post that you were in developer mode because OS Verification was off, as you mentioned.

It could have been that you were experimenting with the device and it has now incurred an error - if this is  the case this is a fault on your part. But if this is not the case - you should report it to Acer with a detailed explanation, including your model number and what went wrong to begin with,

• pb4316
    pb4316 Member Posts: 6 New User

I, too, get crash messages. It says Yikes this wasn't supposed to happen. and then says something about while I was formatting (I wasn't) and i send the report. I'm brand new at chrome and, so far, am having a lot of trouble with it. I'm a writer and all I want to do is make documents and save them on my flash drive until I can begin to understand the crome hierarchy. I've been a windows user, a OSX user and a Linux user so I'm not an *****.

This discussion has been closed.