Need help please...

dancingbeano
dancingbeano Member Posts: 6 New User

Hi everyone i have a new acer e5-511 laptop and have done a complete new install of windows 8.1 however during instal i have no touchpad or button support so have to use a wired usb mouse, once installed i then visited site and installed all drivers i could find under support for my laptop however when it came to the touchpad it says installed and i rebooted but still not working can anyone tell me whats going on, i have clean installed windows 7 to see if it works okay under that and not having any problems and it works fine, i prefer a clean install as not using any of the installed acer software that gets installed and have my own copy of 8.1 so have no need for bundled software thats installed when using acer recovery, just want to be able to use laptop to full potentional any ideas would greatly be appreciated

Answers

• GRAFTER
    GRAFTER Member Posts: 3 New User

I have the same problem as you, on my E5-511-p9y3. Someone wrote that I need to update BIOS on my laptop from 1.2 to 1.3, I did it, but touchpad still not working...

• dancingbeano
    Yeah already tried that too....weird thing is it is sold as Windows 8.1 installed and touch pad works fine so why not as a clean install without acer apps and software?
  • BearPaw
    BearPaw Member Posts: 69 Troubleshooter

Have you checked to see if you have a function key that enables / disables the touchpad? I know I have to use this function because I have gigantic hands and some people inadventanly invoke this behavior.

• dancingbeano
    Yes already checked that as well...as I said it is also not working during installation of windows 8.1 as I have to use a usb mouse or just the keyboard to navigate the menu during installation....its working fine under Windows 7 and Windows 8, just can't get the driver to work under Windows 8.1, really strange
This discussion has been closed.