Need Help With An Acer Aspire 7741z-4643

josh56040
josh56040 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello Smiley Happy

I have an Acer Aspire 7741Z-4643 Laptop. I've had it for (I think) 4 years. I do not remeber when I bought it.

One day when I was using it the screen just went completely black. So I turned it off and then back on, and the screen was still black. Everytime I turn it on the screen was black. It would start up like normal and when it would get to the point where you log into the computer it would go black. So I took it to my friend who works on computers and he said that my hard drive was dead. I replaced the hard drive with a 500 gb hard drive from a playstation 4 that I wiped clean using dban.

I can not use the computer beacuse windows is stored on the old hard drive that is dead and the new hard drive never had windows on it. I tryed to turn on the computer and it says that no opperating system was found. 

I plan to make a windows 7 install usb using microsoft's windows 7 usb dvd download tool. 

But my problem is, I do not have my windows 7 product key, the sticker on the back of the laptop is faded adn worn off. 

My question is, is there a way that I can find out my windows 7 product key directly from acer, using my laptop's serial number or my laptop's snid number?

Thank You.

- Josh

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

hi...

Due to licensing agreements with Microsoft, we are only able to issue Certificate of Authenticity (COA) labels to computers as they are being produced in the factory. This is a one time issue only. We do not stock COA labels in our warehouse and cannot, under any circumstances, issue a new COA label to our customers.

A Certificate of Authenticity (COA) is a label that is used to identify genuine Microsoft Windows software.  The COA included with Acer products is not used to reinstall the operating system.

You need to use the recovery media to restore your computer to factory settings and it will not prompt for product key.
    It will install the Operating System, all the pre-installed Software and the drivers of your system.

You may purchase the recovery media from Acer store
    If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may contact Acer store here  :  Acer Store
    If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here :  Acer Global support

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

hi...

Due to licensing agreements with Microsoft, we are only able to issue Certificate of Authenticity (COA) labels to computers as they are being produced in the factory. This is a one time issue only. We do not stock COA labels in our warehouse and cannot, under any circumstances, issue a new COA label to our customers.

A Certificate of Authenticity (COA) is a label that is used to identify genuine Microsoft Windows software.  The COA included with Acer products is not used to reinstall the operating system.

You need to use the recovery media to restore your computer to factory settings and it will not prompt for product key.
    It will install the Operating System, all the pre-installed Software and the drivers of your system.

You may purchase the recovery media from Acer store
    If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may contact Acer store here  :  Acer Store
    If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here :  Acer Global support
  • josh56040
    josh56040 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello. Thank you so much for replying to my post and enforming me about the acer recovery media, I will defently be ordering that Smiley Happy

- Josh

This discussion has been closed.