Mouse Gesture Option Not Available Acer P243-M

Joker
Joker Member Posts: 17 New User

The mouse gestures are not available for windows 8 or 8.1 ... This is becoming a headache because the charms bar keeps popping up often ... Any fix ??  The version is 7.5 ... I tried installing other versions and even the official non-oem one but both of the times , after restarting my laptop the touchpad as well as the keyboards were not recognized ...

Untitled.jpg

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,476 Trailblazer

What original OS was this machine shipped with?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Joker

Windows 7

• JackE

Is version 7.5 for a Win8/8.1 updated P243-M Win7 system downloaded from the Acer support site?

If so, does Device Mgr detect any errors with the Synaptics device or any other devices? Do you have any extra peripheral devices connected to your system at the same time?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Joker

yes i downloadedi

• Joker

Yeah I downloaded it from acer support site for windows 8 for my laptop ... And I use a laptop cooler or sometimes pendrives but nothing more ... However , using them or not doesnot have any effect .. Also , there are no device errors in device manager ... Are the gestures not available because my touchpad doesnot support them ??? I mean aren't these gestures more of software rather than hardware ???

• JackE

Have these gesture ever worked properly for you on this machine? If so, have you tried running main.cpl and tweaked Synaptics properties?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Joker

Yeah these gestures are working fine .. I can't tweak them coz there are no options in the control panel of synaptics ...

• JackE

Heh-heh. Sounds like the same as me trying to tweak my Synaptics settings so I can control the touchpad. It's still almost but not quite as frustrating as trying to maneuver with the old pencil-eraser interface on the early laptops or only with keyboard shortcuts.  My solution was to disable the touchpad. 8^)

Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.