Monitor T232HL. Touchscreen not working.

Yetter
Yetter Member Posts: 1 New User

I just connected the T232HL monitor and the touch screen is not working. I have Windows 7, do I have to have Windows 8 or have I missed a setup step somewhere? The cd that came with it was deeply scratched and is no help.

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day

You missing the USB cable. Connect the USB cable from monitor to your computer. Touch will work.

Regards,

Freeza

• Keelyn
    Keelyn Member Posts: 1 New User

My USB cable is connect and it still does not work. I have tried everything under the sun to get the touch function to work. My computer is not even recongizing that a touch input device is availble for the monitor. My drivers are up-to-date as well. Any other suggestions?

• creviceg
    creviceg Member Posts: 1 New User

Same problem here. Tried usb 3.o cable in both ports, and neither works!

• Watkins12
    Watkins12 Member Posts: 4 New User

BOTH ports!?  I have two cables, one has a block-shaped connector for which I can find the port.

I have another cable which is labled USB 3.0.  It has a flat connector and I can't find any ports for it. 

I didn't receive any manuals and I downloaded the manual from Acer, but I searched the Internet for an application that would read the .hckx format.  I would really like to just get some pictures showing the ports, etc.

• Watkins12
    Watkins12 Member Posts: 4 New User

I solved the problem with the people who sold it to me.  The cable with the box-shaped connector connects to the back of the monitor on the far right side next to the VGA  port.  You alsp need to have either HDMI, VGA or DVI connected to get a picture.  Turn on the monitor and the computer and you should get a touch-enabled screen.

• GarvVanDamage
    GarvVanDamage Member Posts: 1 New User

For the benefit of users that have tried almost everything trying to get t232hl to work on windows 7 X64...

2 full days of..

ensuring ALL cables were connected

upgrading motherboard bios (gigabyte ud3r)

upgrading usb3.0 driver in win 7 x64

implementing all win 7 x64 patches

swapping out screen for a known working t232hl screen (known to be working on windows 8)

upgrading amd radeon 5700 graphics card drivers and investigating the differnet card settings thoroughly to see if they have a bearing on monitor config. There was some noise to that effect on the web.

At this point, all connected hardware was identified as working properly in device manager but computer / advanced settings reported that no touch screen device was available. Was on the point of putting down failure to broad hardware incompatibility between custom built PC, monitor and windows 7 and shelving the commmercial project until....

I changed the dvi cable to the other dvi port on the amd graphic card and the touchscreen immediately worked fine.

never got round to actually swapping out the uniquely keyed usb3 monitor cable, but that was next..

Lessons learned? Not really. Sometimes you just have to close down the problem logically like you normally would...and then do something completely random.

This discussion has been closed.