Micro SD card with Acer A-1 Android Tablet

Member Posts: 71 New User

The micro card cannot be used with the camera is this ccorrect? Already discovered that folder files that were loaded from  external sources, can be transferred or used for the A1.

Best Answer

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi Philip, I have several file explorer/managers and have Astro too, you could transfer your files using Astro in the same way but I think that the menu and options interface is more user friendly with ES, it's worth a look :-)

Answers

• roadwarrior796

if you are asking if it's possible to move pictures taken with the integral camera to the ex SD card then yes, you can by using a file explorer.

• Member Posts: 71 New User

thanks RW; used USB cable to move pictures from the camera to laptop. Will learn the method you described, thanks again.

• roadwarrior796

If you don't already have it I recommend ES File Explorer, it is possible to view all the folders within your device, internal and external SD storage areas and move photos, documents and files as required between storage areas.

• My Acer Iconia A1 has Astro File Manager which appears to be awesome. However will look for the program that you mention. Thank you Philip in Florida
  • roadwarrior796
    Answer ✓

Hi Philip, I have several file explorer/managers and have Astro too, you could transfer your files using Astro in the same way but I think that the menu and options interface is more user friendly with ES, it's worth a look :-)

Yes, found the ES Explorer(sp)you wrote about-acquired same from the store. Thanks, again-enjoy your Kudo(s). Smiley Happy Philip

• roadwarrior796

Thank you, hope you like ES as much as I do :-)

• Mudd97
    Mudd97 Member Posts: 2 New User

I recently bought an Acer Iconia B1-720.  How do I transfer movies to it from my computer?  I bought a micro sd card and put the movies on that then put it in the tablet but once I go on the tablet I can't find them anywhere.  I tried locating them with a file manager but still nothing.  Anyone know any solutions??

• roadwarrior796

When you put the SD card back in to your PC can you see the movies ? Which file  manager are you using ? You should be looking for EX sd in your file manager.

• Mudd97
    Mudd97 Member Posts: 2 New User

I can see my movies when the card is in the computer but not the tablet.  I tried formatting the card on the computer but still nothing.  I have 3 different file managers and I still cannot find the ex sd anywhere.  when I try to format the card on the tablet it won't let me.  I click on mount sd card and a few options come up but they quickly disappear before you can read any of them. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

What size is the SD card? What format is it?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • roadwarrior796

There are many file managers and not sure which ones you have, ES is very simple and the one I recommend most, if you open ES, on the left you will see a menu, tap "local" and the drop down menu will show SD card 0 and SD card 1, 1 is the external card, you can also get to Ex SD by tapping "sd card" at the top right of the window, I have attached a screenshot.tmp_Screenshot_2014-03-26-20-23-09-12135028.png

This discussion has been closed.