Liquid Z3 (Z130)

nescafe2550
nescafe2550 Member Posts: 1 New User

After install new font , stuck on acer logo  , I need to find stock rom of acer z130 to reflash. Where can I download? thanks. (my original version is Acer_AV052_Z130_1.008.00_AAP_AIS )

Answers

• haysan
    haysan Member Posts: 1 New User

font

• MrSoh
    MrSoh Member Posts: 2 New User

My Acer  Acer Liquid Z3 Z130's firmware is down. I did tried to root it for changing font. I got root access. But when i changed font, Only Logo appear, no more home page, nothing. So , I think my handset firmware is down.

Please let me know, where i can get firmware and how to install it. I hope only acer community can provide me firmware.

Regards,

Soh.

• MrSoh
    MrSoh Member Posts: 2 New User

Anyone can help me? I think i'was in wrong place?

• tkowalczuk
    tkowalczuk Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

Hi

I had simillar problem:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Smartphones/Liquid-Z3-Z130-failed-after-update/m-p/158269/highlight/true#M1742

and I fixed it by:

booting phone in fastboot and flashing image file I fould on internet.

Not update.zip but system.img - it was from middle east but I was able to change language to english.

If You want I can give You all steps and links.

Tom

• PetreIonut
    PetreIonut Member Posts: 14 New User
    please give me steps and links!!!!!!!
  • tkowalczuk

Tinkerer

Hi

Go to http://goo.gl/yi3eqy and download file and unpack it to have system.img.

Then download adb/fastboot files (google for it - easy to locate).

Put fastboot and system.img in the same folder.

Run command line and go to folder with above files.

Power down phone and then remove battery for 5-10 seconds.

Then press volume up and power for couple of seconds untill You see menu with option to boot into recovery, fastboot or normal. Volume up is to move and volume down to select.

Please select fastboot option and connect phone to your pc or laptop.

(I'm assuming you have drivers installed already).

In commandline run:

fastboot devices - this should give you information about the phone, means that there is communication between fastboot and phone.

then run

fastboot flash system system.img -u

and after around minute or so phone will be flashed and you can reboot it into android.

Upon first boot phone will be in Thai language but you can change it to english.

And then use NoBloat free (http://goo.gl/I0z5oW) to remove unwanted stuff from Thai mobile operator and you are good to go.

Regards

Tom

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello everyone,

While our members are generally eager to provide useful information, be advised that Acer does not validate third party external links for downloads and is not responsible for them.

Acquiring files through such links is at the user’s own risk.

• PetreIonut
    PetreIonut Member Posts: 14 New User
    don't work without pc?
  • soekyaw
    soekyaw Member Posts: 1 New User

My Acer  Acer Liquid Z3 Z130's firmware is down. I did tried to root it for changing font. I got root access. But when i changed font, Only Logo appear, no more home page, nothing. So , I think my handset firmware is down.

Please let me know, where i can get firmware and how to install it. I hope only acer community can provide me firmware.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    The firmware is available on acer website, download it and copy to your SD card, enter recovery mode on Z130 and flash it.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • tkowalczuk

Tinkerer

Hi

All

Question to Acer reps here.

Could You let us know which firmware we should use ?

OS Acer This image is only for EMEA_GBs. AV052.Z130.1.003.00.EMEA.GBs 377.6 MB 2014/01/02 Download
    OS Acer This image is only for EMEA_CUS1 AV052.Z130.1.002.00.EMEA.CUS1 385.5 MB 2014/01/02 Download
    OS Acer This image is only for EMEA_CSM AV052.Z130.1.001.00.EMEA.CSM 408.2 MB 2014/01/02 Download
    OS Acer This image is only for EMEA_GEN1s. AV052.Z130.1.003.00.EMEA.GEN1s 378.4 MB 2014/01/02 Download
    OS Acer This image is only for EMEA_VGs. AV052.Z130.1.006.00.EMEA.VGs 358.4 MB 2014/01/02 Download
    OS Acer This image is only for EMEA_MTRs. AV052.Z130.1.004.00.EMEA.MTRs 378.4 MB 2014/01/02 Download
    OS Acer This image is only for EMEA_GEN1. AV052.Z130.1.010.00.EMEA.GEN1 385.1 MB 2013/12/31 Download
    OS Acer This image is only for AAP_GEN1. AV052.Z130.1.004.00.AAP.GEN1 384.9 MB 2013/12/31 Download
    OS Acer This image is only for EMEA_ORGFRs. AV052.Z130.1.003.00.EMEA.ORGFRs 363.0 MB 2013/12/31 Download

I downloaded some of above files and there is no indication which file to use for handsed purchased in UK or Ireland or Bulgaria or Romania or other part of EMEA !

Regards

Tom

• IronFly

you can check FW version on your device, if still working.

system settings/about phone/build version

if not working....i don't know if it's written on the box, by the way if you choose the wrong version the Z130 will give you an error.

GENs roms are single SIM only!

ORGFRs is orange france network

all versions with a small "s" at the end are for single SIM devices.

EMEA GEN1 is the generic version

• tkowalczuk

Tinkerer

Hi

Now I have:

Acer_AV052_Z130_1.004.00_AAP_ALS

I had EMEA version as phone was purchased in Ireland but it failed online update and was stuck on boot.

I found update file online as in my previous post and updated it, so cross update is possible and I had no errors/warning when updating.

Now I will try with AV052.Z130.1.010.00.EMEA.GEN1 as this one looks like newest.

Have dual sim phone.

Tom

Also:

DId Your phones switching itself off sometimes ?

Mine does that at least twice per day.

• IronFly

never had a problem about switching off.

About cross-flashing, i'm not sure this is possible, because i tried a lot of times without success, maybe a specific rom can be cross-flashed.

• tkowalczuk

Tinkerer

Hi All

U updated my phone with update_Acer_AV052_Z130_1.010.00_EMEA_GEN1.zip file.

Have dual sim versoin from EMEA.

All works fine, there is PDF file attached in zip file with instructions what to do.

This is before update:

Screenshot_2014-02-05-08-31-44.png

This is after update:
    Screenshot_2010-01-01-00-03-05.png

No much difference except i have no more root ;-(

Tom

• sirapobva
    sirapobva Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi ,tkowalczuk How to cross update?
    I have version 1.004.00_AAP_AIS  I want to cross update to EMEA_1.010.00.
    But I failed every time when I flash EMEA rom it's say "assert failed getprop ro.product.device...."

Please help me.Thanks Smiley Happy

• zarni1944
    zarni1944 Member Posts: 1 New User

right

• tkowalczuk

Tinkerer

Hi 

So You have the same version as I had.

I followed instructions in pdf file from zip and it went thru fine.

Does You phone works ?

Can You check version You have to double check ?

Tom

• bearmarx
    bearmarx Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello

My phone is Acer Liquid Z130 Z3S (Thailand), 5mp back-camera, dual-sim.

Build number is "Acer_AV052_Z130_1.005.00_AAP_AISH" and I've seen generic version of it-

named "Acer_AV052_Z130_1.001.00_AAP_GEN1H", but I didn't found any place to download.

Have you got any rom for Z3S model ? If yes, please make a download link for system.img.

Even (update).zip still better than nothing.

Thank you, Bearmarx.

PS. Please forgive my lame English language.

This discussion has been closed.