Is Acer incoina tab a500 getting a update

trevtrev23
trevtrev23 Member Posts: 1 New User

is acer incoina tab a500 getting a update

Answers

• Travis-Acer
    Travis-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 681 Acer Crew

The A500 has been updated to Ice Cream Sandwich.  There will not be a Jellybean update for the device.

• kiwipeso
    kiwipeso Member Posts: 82

Tinkerer

JellyBean updates are experimental and not supported by acer.

You can find them at xda-devlopers.com or tegraowners.com

Please note, this means follow the instructions listed carefully and backup everything first.

• dlancaster
    dlancaster Member Posts: 1 New User

My A500 is running Android 3.0.1 and believes it is at the most current version. How can I trigger the update to ICS?

Just to clarify, I do go under "Settings->About->System Update" and it tells me that I'm up to date. 

• kiwipeso
    kiwipeso Member Posts: 82

Tinkerer

There is an acer update app in the google play store, it is free and triggers the update.

I believe the name of the app is iconia tab update enhancement. You can find it in the play store by searching for acer.

• bubba_beernut
    bubba_beernut Member Posts: 2 New User
    Glad that worked! I have similar, but different prob w/ iconia tab update enhancement app... Download completes, message says something about being unsigned, and to uninstall previous versions of this app - but I don't HAVE previous installs. Don't want to root my tab, any others fix this prob themselves? Thx!
  • bubba_beernut
    bubba_beernut Member Posts: 2 New User
    Aw, disregard, I'm a bonehead. Accidentally using girlfriend's A200 - - - to which the upgrade enhancement app does not apply. Sorry.
  • bgeps
    bgeps Member Posts: 2 New User

I successfully installed the Inconia TAB Update Enhancement app. The tablet does not update to beyond 3.1, even if I check for System Updates on the Settings /About Tablet/System Update menu. It says the device is up to date.

I tried using the xda-developers suggestion to install an update but that did nothing.

What can I do?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.