Iconia tablet freezing frequently

Sandy12351
Sandy12351 Member Posts: 1 New User

I've had my acer iconia a1-810 tablet for a few months now and recently it's been freezing randomly. The screen freezes more frequently when I'm playing games in which I need to click on the screen a lot, such as war games or RPG. For example, I was playing RPG before and the character wouldn't stop moving forward. And sometimes when I'm typing one or two keys stick and for a few seconds it will keep typing the same letter although I'm not actually clicking it. How can this be resolved?

Answers

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Sandy, have seen this problem in the past and could be app related, if it's happening with a particular app I'd contact the app developer through the Play Store and ask if this problem has been reported before with your particular android version ( I'm guessing 4.2.2 ) I've found app developers to be very helpful.

• gendrake93
    gendrake93 Member Posts: 29 New User

this has happened to me before when i have had a virus on my tablet,but it could be any number of things,if you do have a virus though try using antivirus software,and if that doesnt work,you could always factory reset it to clear the system of the virus.

• roadwarrior796

A good opportunity to remind everyone that anti virus for tablets is important, I recommend Avast, been using and installing it on PC's for years, it's excellent and it's free !!!!

• gendrake93
    gendrake93 Member Posts: 29 New User

always a good idea to keep your antivirus defenition up to date too,and scan your system at least once every day,twice a week if you download files off a third party sites.

• roadwarrior796

Worthwhile having an anti malware programme too, one of the best available is Malwarebytes, download free from the Play Store, also available free for Windows, will remove malicious programmes and PUP's that other software can't.

This discussion has been closed.