Iconia A110 keeps rebooting. "Unfortunately, NvCPL service has stopped" error message. (fixed)

gart
gart Member Posts: 1 New User

I had this error and saw a few people posting questions about it but there was no solution.  

Through trial and error I finally found out how to boot to recovery mode and fix this problem.  

To get to recovery mode I held the volume up button, then pushed power on. After it buzzed I continued holding the volume up until the screen showed some activity. (The screen remained black but you could tell it was on). Once the screen was on, I pushed volume down, then volume up. I released volume up and the a110 booted into recovery mode.

Once in recovery mode I reset the A110 to the factory settings.  All my saved information was wiped out but at least I could use the tablet again.

Answers

• hammyzeroone
    hammyzeroone Member Posts: 1 New User

i just had same problem. held the sound button down powered on and that got me to reboot screen so i could at least reset to factory settings. lost 3 months of apps and contacts but its working. thanks

• tigerrosie7
    tigerrosie7 Member Posts: 2 New User

When nothing is working, what/where is the Enter button?

• tigerrosie7
    tigerrosie7 Member Posts: 2 New User

figured it out

• nickic22
    nickic22 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for this.  I was gettting so frustrated as only 3 days till I still have my warranty and mine was doing this.  Fingers crossed it works Smiley Happy

• wksouthern
    wksouthern Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm at the reboot screen.Where is the enter button?

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Use the volume + and - button to scroll through the options, when you have highlighted the option you want, select by hitting the power button, tablet should reboot.

This discussion has been closed.