I am sick and tired of Acer and Windows 8.1!

2»

Answers

• petrosd2012
    petrosd2012 Member Posts: 13 New User

To Acer-CoryAcer Technician

Not the same as the V5-571 is it? :-)

There's no indication that your system wasn't using "Fast Start" (mine wasn't) which I suspect is part of the issue.

There's no indication that your first boot device is Secure Boot Manager.

The error message you got was no bootable drive/disk. The error I got was "Operating system not found".

It doesn't look like you did a Shut Down (powered off). It looks like you changed the BIOS setting to "Legacy", Saved Settings and the system rebooted with the error about no bootable drive found, then you did an Alt-Crtl-Del restart, pressed F2 and went into the BIOS and changed it back to UEFI.

I wonder what would happen if you changed turned of Fast Start and did a complete power down, changed the BIOS settings (Bios = Legacy, 1st Boot Device = Secure Boot Manager),  and did power down (after it restarted). It might work for you as it should (F2 can access BIOS settings). If it doesn't, come join the club. :-)

• vaizaren
    vaizaren Member Posts: 44 Die Hard WiFi Icon

i see that you solved your problem..then this thread is done for Smiley Happy)

• vaizaren
    vaizaren Member Posts: 44 Die Hard WiFi Icon

giving kudos will be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy
    and please choose the best explanation as answer so that other users will know what the solution is..

im glad to be at your service.. Smiley Very Happy

-vaizaren

• petrosd2012
    petrosd2012 Member Posts: 13 New User

I've Kuosed you all over the place. If it's not enough, let me know

This discussion has been closed.